1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

Anyone had a falcon jacket made in whiskey lambskin recently….any chance you could post a pic…

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  2. JosephD

JosephD Well-Known Member

would be very interested in knowing this as well

3. BaronVonBishop

BaronVonBishop Well-Known Member

Is there any possibility you guys will hold off on the price hikes till we can see the quilted? One of my original TOJ orders was a QDR and I've been waiting to see what you guys are gonna do there, but I'd certainly like to see it before committing or deciding to switch to a different model.

4. leeba

leeba Senior member

Any chance of forest green or a darker burgundy calf suede coming in? A DR 1/3 in one of those would be amazing. Diesel blue makeup of that would be really nice too but always good to have options

5. masshi

masshi Senior member

wish people would post more pics of their jackets (dr3's especially)

1 person likes this.
  6. jc4p

jc4p Member

Just on update on my winter varsity since I've had a lot more time with it out in the cold -- I've been wearing it out this week while I'm spending time in Denver where it's between 10-20 F ever night and it's been perfect, people give me a lot of weird looks for not having a bunch of layers on but honestly it's warm enough that I can go outside in just a t-shirt and the varsity and be fine. I've been wearing the jacket 3 or 4 days a week for the last month or so and honestly I'm still in the "wow I could sleep in this, you know what, I _will_ sleep in this" glee that I was in the day I got it.

Also just for fun, since I think this is the first time it'd been done, here's a pic of me shooting a pistol wearing my Falcon Garments jacket:

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. beepbop

beepbop Senior member

According to Charly, the QDR is available, and a copy of the ToJ version. I just paid for one today, and will update with photos.

8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New boxfresh calf falcon vs. 3 year old lamb toj. and before somebody says something, the angle on the lapel pics is slightly different, making the lapel shapes look different. they are not significantly different imo irl.

ordered 1/1, received 1/11

faster than buying things from some webshops! (cough cough unionmade cough cough)

a few (inconsequential) differences i've noticed and vaguely miss:
    the new jacket has stitching at the sleeve hems instead of the old DR2010 style where there was no visible stitching there
    the inside pockets have a panel of the same leather in them, whereas my old (5 years) calf bomber has a lamb patch panel inside

but shit I love:
    all order specs are correct
    new vertical inside pockets are great
    the new slightly thinner calf is gonna make break-in much more enjoyable.
    i now have the jacket that i paid drew for

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    16 people like this.
  9. dvskei

dvskei Senior member

still no pics from daniel/charly?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  10. beepbop

beepbop Senior member

nope

11. Albert Yi

Albert Yi Member

Very happy with my black goat DR2. Leather is amazingly soft. No veins. Don't mind the creasing in the closed zip pic, it disappears when straightened out.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

I hope the other quilted model has channel quilting.

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

your pictures make me think the complete opposite, you look extremely unhappy in them.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    4 people like this.
  14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Hey man... i know this is asking a lot but can you make a more detailed post with comparison comments/pics. I know the lamb is worn in and looks great while the new one is still brand new so it won't be a 1:1 but it will give an idea.

Another question, have you handled the older calf? If so how does this compare?

15. ghdvfddzgzdzg

@sinnedk yeah I can do more pictures at some point, maybe tonight. Probably just details like yesterday since I don't have a good way to light a whole jacket without sunlight.

Regarding the calf, my old brown bomber is noticeably thicker/heavier and harder to bend my arms in at a similar size. The old calf probably didn't need to be as thick as it was for most people, as the Falcon guys seem to have realized. The new calf does feel like calf, just somewhat easier than the old stuff. It still fights you though--I have to work on breaking it in so I can sit down in it zipped up. i'll include some shots of the bomber to show long term differences between calf and lamb.

16. ktown

ktown Senior member

How has the lamb held up over time? I see the couple detail shots, but are there areas where the leather looks frayed or worn down a bit too much? I ask because people have complained about the thinness, rips, tears, etc. I placed an order for a brown lamb A2 a couple days ago. I'm guessing the people complaining about the longevity are blowing things out of proportion, but I just wanted another experienced user's take.

17. Renalan

Renalan Senior member

I've had a lamb A2 since 8/2012, it's a little beat up but it's fine.

18. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thanks man. i have a calf moto which is super thick and heavy, love it but hard to move in,

19. ghdvfddzgzdzg

Right, my lamb jacket is doing great. No rips, no tears. It does have a few scuffs from scraping against metal things and what may or may not be a pinprick hole or two from, I admit it, unruly cats, though it's not obvious that they are holes if they actually are. There's not any spot on it where I think it's going to wear out. And I wear mine in the rain all the time and really it looks great.

Now, lamb does scuff somewhat easily. If you scrape against something, it's going to leave a mark, and maybe you don't want that. Or maybe you do. All of this doesn't mean you have to baby it, maybe just don't go bushwhacking in it.

I just like the look of beaten-in calf better than beaten-in lamb. It's a personal preference. The trick is you have to have more patience with calf.

@ktown

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  20. Meis

Meis Senior member

^^
    Pretty much the same for mine (black lamb mdr I got 9/2012). I'm sure I've said this before, but you really don't have to worry about the durability of the lamb. I've worn mine heavily since I got it (and haven't done any conditioning or other maintenance) and it's in great shape. The only wear and tear is a little roughness on the edge of the cuffs from them rubbing against stuff.