1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

No and no.

(Yes, that's a shoulder gusset).

:slayer:

Will let you know once Daniel and I decided what to do with the T1/T3 models.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  2. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

wait are you saying that's not a shoulder gusset then?

3. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

post more pics plz

1 person likes this.
  4. mrchariybrown

It is a shoulder gusset. I was referring to his first two questions.

5. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

ah my bee

that's on me for skimming [​IMG]

6. chv7

chv7 Well-Known Member

So has anyone ordered a DR3? I've been fighting the urge to place an order until I sell my MDR that's starting to get too tight.

7. barramundi

barramundi Senior member

Although it may be too early to tell since there's literally only one picture of the DR3 (why...?), I'm really bummed out FG didn't just recreate an exact reproduction of the DR2013. Yeah, Voldemort was a huge asshole, but the DR2013's design and details is complete art. I've yet to stumble upon another DR that matches the DR2013's balance of elegance and detail.

1 person likes this.
  8. Distorbiant

The only change are the belt snaps, no?

9. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Quote:Key differences include (Dr3 vs 2013DR): 1 - lapel cut/size (its the same as DR2, which i don't mind) 2 - back design (this was awesome on the 2013) 3 - Liver panel, DR3 inherits it from DR1 where there are lots of examples showing liver panel going all the way up to mid back region, rather than being a quarter of the way up. They got this right on the DR2013 all the time, but not on the DR1. 4 - stitching where sleeve meets shoulder. Some DR1 and DR2 suffer from pointy or slight shoulder pad look. The 2013DR removed this issue completely. LAGUY mentioned the technical terms in an earlier post. FG are just using an old recipe and just feels they've taken a step back (perhaps playing it safe). I have to agree with barramundi, the sum of all parts of the dr2013 was awesome. However there were many inconsistencies with how the lapel was cut and the size of it. The key differences IMO are 2 to 4. If FG are playing it safe, an option not to have liver panel or inherit back design from DR2 would be nice to mitigate the irregularities on how the jackets get made. Although really, they're really shouldn't be and patterns/design and portions should stay fairly consistent across all jackets made. Would have been great to see the DR3 exactly like the DR2013 with just inheriting the DR2/MDR lapel (or make sure lapel pattern stays consistent throughout).

3 people like this.
  10. Distorbiant

That's an interesting decision on the Falcon team's part. A bit strange too, considering how gorgeous the DR 2013 was. The jacket just seemed to work, on many levels. There are very few bad fits on the gallery; it's hit rate is very high.

11. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

Well.. glad I delayed putting in an order for the DR3 then. Was under the impression that the only change was the belt snaps.

12. BluePlateKing

BluePlateKing Senior member

Would love to see pictures it you have some! What hide did you go for?

13. masshi

masshi Senior member

i just want to be able to have four buttons/snaps as opposed to just two

14. mrchariybrown

Oh! Yea, that's not a problem. We can do that.

1 person likes this.
  15. masshi

masshi Senior member

yeah, that's what i wanted to know when i asked that question about snaps on the rear lapels/collar (i guess i wasn't using the right terminology)

good to know

16. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

That's interesting. I know that there are a few places that sell nice shearling jackets (repro style) for under 2K. Obviously different from you guys, but I do wonder if you could put something together for 1-2k. Probably a very moot point, as I doubt that's your customer (neither repro dudes nor dudes willing to spend 1.5k+ on a jacket). Would be cool to see, though.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

If you get a chance I'd love a PM with a list. Majorly in the hunt for a shearling

18. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

I'd take a list of shearling shopping sites also

wasn't @iamacyborg just talking about getting a custom shearling made of his ma-1? I mean if FG leathers cost 900 I would think it would be a very similar customer since 1.5K+ isn't that much more

19. mrchariybrown

That's just from Daniel's preliminary search. If we were to get serious about it, we'd have to do a bit more searching when we find the time - which we do not have at the moment. Still working on getting new models and the website launched.

2 people like this.
  20. Distorbiant

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.