***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Lolawolf

Lolawolf Well-Known Member

Got my A2! :)

Unfortunately I got the sizing wrong. Put it up on marketplace.

2. masshi

masshi Senior member

how and in which parts did you get the sizing wrong?

3. johanm

johanm Senior member

+1. The "classic" black lamb is probably best for people who run cold and like a lot of insulation in their clothes. Personally I run hot and thus only really wear my goat TOJ/Falcon jackets.

4. Lolawolf

Lolawolf Well-Known Member

Front and back length. 2 inches too long.

First time buying, wasn't expecting it to go perfectly. Everything else seems alright though.

edit: pictures

double edit: dark pictures, sorry

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015

5. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

Any intention of ever bringing back striped ribbing options on the varsity? [​IMG]

Or the Jason Bourne colourway?

6. masshi

masshi Senior member

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015

7. masshi

masshi Senior member

so i picked up my v1 yesterday and have only now just gotten the chance to try it on. the timeline was as follows:

10/02 - placed on order list
    10/22 - received tracking
    10/26 - delivery attempted by usps (would've been a successful delivery, but the mail lady came by at a completely different time than when she normally does)

the jacket came folded neatly and covered in bubble wrap, which was great. this is in stark contrast to the way my toj0 was shipped (crudely folded and covered in all kinds of lint and cardboard fibers since it was packed into the box naked; really irked me)

as for the leather, it's softer than what i remember my toj0's being like (not that this is better or worse; just an observation). it's maybe a touch thinner, too. the veins/stretch marks/whatever they're called are also subtler than they were on my toj0 (again, just an observation; i don't mind either way). the buttons are also nice and clean, unlike my toj0's which had noticeable paint chips on at least two of them (to be honest, i'm pretty sure that the toj0 i was given was one of those jackets that drew had been holding in storage for a long time).

i ordered a stock 45, and the fit is actually much better than the stock 46 toj0 i used to have. it's actually really surprising to me how big of a difference a half size can make, since my toj0 had a lot of room in the sleeves especially. whereas i could easily fit a sweater and more underneath the toj0 and be able to move freely, i was already experiencing tension in the leather as i bent my elbows with nothing but an ocbd underneath with the v1. buttoned up, too, i could feel it getting a bit restrictive, but this is actually all good since i was looking for a slim fit (which the 46 toj0 failed to provide for me) to begin with. i will say, though, that the back of the jacket kind of flares out a little since it seems like it's horizontally longer than the length of its ribbing, but i'm sure that this is something that will settle down with time as the ribbing stretches.

i hate bathroom selfies and would otherwise never take them, but i took two just to give you guys somewhat of an (crude) idea of the fit (for reference, i'm 5'8, ~125 lbs.):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edit: this is what i'm referring to regarding the back:

[​IMG]

is that normal?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015

8. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

My dark wine MA-1 just arrived too. I was on the fence because I knew I wanted an MA-1 since I saw Vickt's and I had been wanting an oxblood leather jacket for a while, but I was not sure about black ribbing (the only option).

Very pleased with it. Can't compare with other TOJs and such as I don't have any (thanks, Drew). Lamb is a less substantial than my only other decent leather jacket, a 10sei0otto in oiled calf, but that was expected.

Fit is pretty good with the jacket open but with a bit of bunching with it closed, although I think it'll good better after some time. It's a stock 49.

Shitty lift pic:

[​IMG]

And here's a pic which shows the colour a bit better (it's definitely overexposed and not that red IRL but well, the camera was an iPhone 4). Also, no "veins" anywhere to be seen:

[​IMG]

9. Zinkdiz

Zinkdiz New Member

10. dvskei

dvskei Senior member

where does the calf fit in all this

nice fit

i threw up a bit

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Because no one else copies the Lewis Leather Lightning, like, ever. Both are nice versions, though. I like the proportions of the hardware quite a bit.

12. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

nice take some outdoor shots plz

13. Zinkdiz

Zinkdiz New Member

Didn't remember this one indeed. Thanks you, always nice to find out where does a style come from, the story behind it, etc...

14. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

Can't wait to see the belted DR sample.

15. screamingbruh

screamingbruh New Member

Interested in a M1. An old All Saints leather jacket fits just right in medium.

Anecdotally, anybody know if a 48 here would fit about the same?