***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That just looks very lightly glazed, if at all. Glazing is... typically not like a donut. Instead, the leather is pressed to get rid of most of the grain. My advice - just live with it. The stuf I'm doing with Luxire has a flatter quality, which I think that a lot of people like, but you know what style you are getting with Falcon.

2. LA Guy

1.5 mm corresponds roughly to a 3.5 ounce leather. That's as heavy and thick as a traditional motorcycle jacket. I like mine that way, but my jackets are often very heavy, well past 6 lbss I love that feeling of walking out in my armor but tt's not for everyone. Most "fashion" jackets are more in the 1.1 mm range. Falcons, if they are much like ToJ, are on the slightly heavier side (closer to 1.2-1.3 mm, or at least, that has been my experience with the horse and heavy calf jackets). Once you get to about 4 ouces (1.6 mm) you need some pretty experienced people doing the sewing. Sometimes you have to sew evenly through up to 6 layers of leather. Even properly skivved, that is a ton of leather.

3. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

Timeline/link? Really keen to know more about this.

4. LA Guy

Working on second samples now. I am a bit of a perfectionist in all aspects of product development. Anyway, maybe this is not the best place to talk about that project. Back to Falcon!

5. BlackYeti

BlackYeti Well-Known Member

This is perhaps common knowledge (I'm new to leather): how does dyed leather hold up compared to the tanned stuff? Will the navy calf, for example, just start losing patches of dye after five years?

6. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

I received my brown goat A-2 today and it's perfect. I had to go MTM since I'm 6'5" and 230 lbs. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

7. LA Guy

My four year old son is Batman this year for Hallowe'en, so I am being Robin. The costume has foam muscles, and it is sorta short, so even with workout clothes underneath, it has the optical illusion of enhancing... package. This costume is so full of win.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Right there with you...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015

9. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Someone's been skipping leg day...

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

That isn't something you have to worry about. You may get slight fades in areas of stress/wear (which is a good thing), but that's about it.

11. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[COLOR=FF00AA]Heads up![/COLOR]

- Belted DR incoming: T-minus a couple days haha

- Order queue is open right now for all jackets. So if you don't feel like waiting on the wait list before getting in the queue, this would be the time to do it. Lead time is will probably be 2-4 weeks (no more than that).

- There's only enough hides of that really nice navy calfskin that Daniel found left for 1 jacket (MAYBE 2 more jackets), so if you wanted that, speak now or forever hold your peace.

12. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Vein's / Stretch Marks seem to pass Falcon's stringent leather selection process.

13. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Oh hey, rbnman is back. Still upset he didn't incorporate your 20 requests yet?

14. KuDeTa

KuDeTa Active Member

My calf M1 arrived, fits great - will post pics later.

I seem to remember Charly (or was it Drew?) once posting info about breaking-in and removing the sheen - can anyone remember (find) that post, i've tried?

The calf-skin is a little too shiny for my liking - Is getting in the shower with it a good idea?

15. milosh

milosh Senior member

I own 0 Falcon/TOJ jackets but I'll guess the answer is no. Just wear it a bit.