Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Joona

Joona Senior member

yeah, good call.

quick fit pics in the woods while I'm at it (keep in mind that the jacket's brand new and the calf isn't broken in yet)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mclura

Mclura Member

Is this the new calf or the old, thicker calf? What's the quality like?

3. masshi

masshi Senior member

what's the length difference between the front and the sleeves? looks like a good amount of crop

4. Joona

Joona Senior member

@Mclura AFAIK, it's the new calf.

My first impression is that it's really nice leather, easy to recommend. Considering that I was a bit hesitating if I should wait for FQHH that may or may not be available later on, I'm really happy that I didn't wait. That's how nice I feel it is.

With just a few hours of wear it already started to feel like "my jacket" and I have a feeling that it'll break in beautifully. I guess that what I'm trying to say is that right out of the box it's not even nearly as soft as lamb or goat is, but definitely not overly stiff either. Looking forward to see how it ages.

5. Joona

Joona Senior member

That's right, and it's because I have a relatively long arms and short torso. In those pics the NAG's t-shirt is quite long for me (29"), which probably makes it look even more cropped than it really is.

These are the lengths:
    body length front: 20.5"
    body length back: 22.8"
    sleeve length, from shoulder: 25.0"

edit: I also wanted this one to look and fit like a traditional biker jacket. So substantial leather, fairly cropped and enough room for layering was what I was looking for. And it came out pretty much just the way I wanted. I have a 1.5" - 2" longer glazed goat MDR, lamb MA-1 and A-2 already in rotation, so for this one I wanted something slightly different.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

6. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

When I saw the pics not being worn I definitely thought it was pretty short but in the end I think it ended up being spot on. Good job dude

7. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

8. Joey From 181

Joey From 181 Well-Known Member

@Joona What's your height if you don't mind me asking?

9. palma

palma Senior member

Also, wondering height/weight. You can PM if you don't want to put it out there. Thanks.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Okay, "cropped" is not synonymous with "short". Can we please stop using the two terms interchangeably?

/rant.

11. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

Excited to see how this turns out. It should look great!

@Joona Great pictures. Jacket looks awesome

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

12. Joona

Joona Senior member

Thanks guys! :)

Not at all, approximately 5' 9".

13. knucks

knucks Senior member

Anyone else feel that Joona's whole fit is off? Short jacket/long shirt, cuffed pants..proportions feel awkward IMO. I don't like it.

Jacket itself looks good.

14. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Nope, it's fine. It's a leather jacket with t-shirt and denim fit. Don't overthink it.

15. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Hello friends.

Listen: After Drew left me penniless, I spent two months wandering the cruel landscape known as the American Midwest, foraging through the day-old garbage of large Latino families for the slightest of crumbs to fill my wound-ache stomach.

Every night as I, wholly leather jacketless, spun myself a cocoon of cardboard boxes and filthy towels, I cursed Drew Keith, cursed Jawnz, cursed myself for making the worst mistake of my life.

But, like a phoenix rising from the flames of deceit and misery, TOJ is reborn, and so are my dreams of soft lambskin.

Two years! Two goddamn years I've waited and suffered for these jackets. Every night I dreamed, until the dreams became nightmares, and the nightmares became reality.

Alas, I am posting from Starbucks, sipping the only item on the menu I could afford--a cup of free tapwater--pondering a way to save enough money to make my dream at last come true.

Perhaps I shall open a GoFundMe. Perhaps I shall become the plaything of a wealthy styleforum fashion baron. But honestly, there are few options left for a destitute mongrel such as myself, friends. I fear this is the end for me. Two years ago, I was a different man, albeit with the same dreams. Now I will just have to accept my defeat at the hands of a korean mastermind and live vicariously through the fit pics of you all as you celebrate the victories of life through the form of fine leather jackets.