• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, a Falcon gallery after all these years. I'm surprised one wasn't set up sooner. The TOJ gallery was a catalyst in driving people into a state of leather jacket-induced mania.

Speaking of which, how is business doing these days Charly?

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, a Falcon gallery after all these years. I'm surprised one wasn't set up sooner. The TOJ gallery was a catalyst in driving people into a state of leather jacket-induced mania.

Speaking of which, how is business doing these days Charly?
Trucking along!

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
progress since I've received this tea core A2 in october, been fun watching it develop character. shades of brown are beginning to peek through at arms, back, lower half of jacket. macro shots to follow when its more discernable.

20200221-unicornprincessx-01,xlarge.1582849356.jpg

20200221-unicornprincessx-04,xlarge.1582849599.jpg

20200221-unicornprincessx-02,xlarge.1582849356.jpg

5'11" 205 lbs

1582996039124.png

Last edited:

malcolmbw

Reaction score
Hey Charly, emailed the sales address a couple times maybe 10 days ago and havent heard back - these were my main questions:

1) Pricing for different linings, how much would flannel or other linings affect cost?
2) Do you still offer gunmetal hardware? If so, what is the pricing difference?
3) What thickness/grade is the calfskin you use? I'm looking for something mid/heavy-weight, but this is definitely not meant for actual motorcycle riding.

Could you possibly dm me?

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Charly, emailed the sales address a couple times maybe 10 days ago and havent heard back - these were my main questions:

1) Pricing for different linings, how much would flannel or other linings affect cost?
2) Do you still offer gunmetal hardware? If so, what is the pricing difference?
3) What thickness/grade is the calfskin you use? I'm looking for something mid/heavy-weight, but this is definitely not meant for actual motorcycle riding.

Could you possibly dm me?
Please email me one more time and I'll be sure to get back to you asap!

We had a bit of a glitch for about 1-2 days where no emails were getting through.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
Here are the rest of the Horween photos! Jackets are going to come out really great in these materials. Delivery times on jackets made from these leathers are going to take a little longer.

horween-samp (1 of 19).jpg

Calico on Red

horween-samp (2 of 19).jpg

Dark Rust Outrigger - Really soft-handed nubuck - very buttery feeling.

horween-samp (3 of 19).jpg

Hemp Phantom - Another gorgeous hide. Great waxy hand. Thick, but pliable. Nice color.

horween-samp (4 of 19).jpg

Tobacco Stuffed Suede - Great hand feel to this suede. Very matte and tight. Very nice color also.

horween-samp (5 of 19).jpg

Paloma Dryden - Similar to the Dark Rust Outrigger. Gorgeous stone color.

horween-samp (6 of 19).jpg

Roadmaster - Very light, tumbled leather with dry texture

horween-samp (7 of 19).jpg

Cinnamon Chromexcel - Nice grain, very hefty and sturdy. Pretty matte look. Should patina nicely. Just a shade lighter brown than Natural Chromexcel

horween-samp (8 of 19).jpg

Natural W/F Chromexcel - Similar to its Cinnamon counterpart - Nice grain, very hefty and sturdy. Pretty matte look. Should patina nicely.

horween-samp (9 of 19).jpg

horween-samp (12 of 19).jpg

Havana Brown Aniline Chromexcel - In the top 3 favorites. Similar waxy and oily hand to the Chestnut Dublin, but maybe a bit less waxy and a bit more oily. It's lovely. And again, this will patina amazing. Color lightens as it bends.

horween-samp (13 of 19).jpg

horween-samp (15 of 19).jpg

Chestnut Dublin - Gorgeous hide. In my top 3 favorites out of the bunch. Oily and waxy feel. Thick and hefty, but pliable. Can already tell from the color variations you see when it bends and moves that it's going to patina like crazy.

horween-samp (16 of 19).jpg

Khaki Calico - Very nice beige color, waxy hand yet soft.

horween-samp (17 of 19).jpg

FQHH Dark Russet - Interesting texture, a little thinner than the calf samples. Beautiful color. Pull up is there but not as dramatic as Havana, Dark Rubber, or Chestnut Dublin,

horween-samp (18 of 19).jpg

Horween Tea Core Steerhide - Starts off thick and shiny as pictured but morphs into something else entirely as moisture and friction wear off the top coats and the leather begins to become more matte as it breaks in. Characteristics and color change at high friction points.

Please email us at [email protected] if interested in making anything using these!

Attachments

Last edited:

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
Yes, sorry must have missed it!

horween-samp (10 of 19).jpg
horween-samp (11 of 19).jpg

Dark Rubber Cambridge - In the top 3 favorites. Similar waxy and oily hand to the Chestnut Dublin. And like the Chestnut Dublin, I see this aging beautifully.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was the chestnut Dublin the hide you used for Franklin and Poe?

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We've been kind of quite because of the whole COVID-19 situation in South Korea affecting our tailors and suppliers.

But we're back in full swing and lead times are faster than ever (don't be surprised to get tracking info 1-1.5 weeks after your order is placed).

Enjoy 10% off this week only with code SAVE10.

www.falcongarments.com/shop

postcovidsale.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.