• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Understatesman I think the jacket looks great. The only thing I’d change is the body length. I prefer shorter jackets (not SLP-cropped though, but IMO Falcon’s standard lenghts are too long, and I’m fairly average at 5’11) because a) at some point it starts looking like a leather blazer b) makes legs look shorter and IMO long legs > long torso and c) hips are wider (unless beer belly) and to account for that either you make the jacket a hourglass shape (not good unless you don’t mind it looking feminine) or boxier.

This is purely personal preference though. Shoulders etc is more objective and it looks good.

dopygarment

Reaction score
@Understatesman I think the jacket looks and fits great. But of course I understand that everyone has their own personal preferences regarding the fit. But from this outsider's perspective, it looks to be pretty much perfection.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys, can you help me out with something?

Check out this page: https://falcongarmentsco.com/product/a2-wool/

Should look like this on load:
View attachment 1092453

One of customers is having trouble viewing the right side of the page (not showing up). He's tried on PC and Mac and various browsers and it seems to only work on Edge for him.

I've reached out to about 10 people with various browsers and operating systems, and it's working completely fine for them.

So I'm thinking it might be a network issue for this one individual.

Anyways, just let me know what you viewed it on and if the whole page is loading or not. Thanks!

Loads.

Understatesman

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, for the most part I agree it fits really well and the thing's I've pointed out fit-wise (sleeve length and body length) are ultimately very minor. Still feels a bit too "baby's first perfecto" for me. Does lambskin actually ever break in and reach a point of looking less new?

I recall an Armani moto I had for years that ultimately did, but a large part of that was the fact that I caught got in the rain walking from the East Village to the Financial District in NYC late one night and didn't know how to care for leather at the time. So I just let it air dry.

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, for the most part I agree it fits really well and the thing's I've pointed out fit-wise (sleeve length and body length) are ultimately very minor. Still feels a bit too "baby's first perfecto" for me. Does lambskin actually ever break in and reach a point of looking less new?

I recall an Armani moto I had for years that ultimately did, but a large part of that was the fact that I caught got in the rain walking from the East Village to the Financial District in NYC late one night and didn't know how to care for leather at the time. So I just let it air dry.
The gloss definitely fades with wear and time in the elements. If you're feeling ballsy and want to speed up the process, you can hop in the shower with it and then let air dry.

Understatesman

Reaction score
Huh. Will that limit the creasing I'd ultimately set into the leather if I rather let things evolve naturally? I like creasing.

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Huh. Will that limit the creasing I'd ultimately set into the leather if I rather let things evolve naturally? I like creasing.
My best guess is that it will not affect creasing.

Daniel has washed his jackets in the past and they all look more worn and creased than mine.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Understatesman

Reaction score
@Understatesman I think the jacket looks and fits great. But of course I understand that everyone has their own personal preferences regarding the fit. But from this outsider's perspective, it looks to be pretty much perfection.
So I had an interesting thing happen while wearing this jacket earlier tonight. Was at a local mall, specifically Macy's walking around sipping my Starbucks and trying to locate a couple of friends I was going to meet-up with, when a sales woman working there walked by then mentioned over her shoulder that she liked my outfit. I wasn't sure she was talking to me since she was already 10+ feet past me, but upon looking over my shoulder she was still staring in my direction smiling. So I thanked her.

I was just wearing some brown CXL Viberg service boots, black denim jeans, a black tshirt and charcoal hoodie under my Falcon DR2 (or whatever it is). So yeah, a compliment and no doubt it was because of the jacket. So that helps me make a little progress towards keeping it. Never been complimented by a stranger on whatever I was wearing like that. Actually, I take that back. A sales guy at Neiman Marcus once mentioned that my TOJ minimalist DR was very cool, too.

Hmmm, maybe I can pull off DRs better than I thought.

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Price drops on all remaining sample sale items!

Flash Sample Sale

Rules:
  1. All sales are final and as-is (it's sad that I have to state this but a couple people in the past didn't know what a SAMPLE SALE meant).
  2. Prices include shipping CONUS (international shipping is a flat $50 more - sorry, non-US folk.. still good deals even with the additional shipping).
  3. Email only. No PMs. [email protected]
  4. Subject line but be in this format "Sample Sale - Item #[insert item number]"
    1. If you're interested in multiple items, send separate emails for each one.
  5. If you're ready to purchase, state so and I will send you an invoice. Once, I send the invoice you have 12 hours to complete payment - otherwise, I will move on to the next person in line.

Item #1 - QDR, olive lambskin, $635

• Size ~44 (model is about 5'8" and 140)

Item #2 - A2, brown goatskin, SOLD

Item #3 - BCDR, dark wine lambskin, $635
  • Size ~48/49 Long (model is about 6'2" and 180)

Item #4 - Double-Breasted Coat, navy wool, $380

Item #5 - DR Shearling, SOLD

Item #6 - DR1, whiskey calf suede, $535
  • Size ~50 (model is about 6' and 180)

Item #7 - DR2, oxblood calfskin, $660

Item #8 - DR3, black goatskin, $585

Item #9 - M1, black goatskin with Riri zippers, $635

Item #10 - M2, dove grey lambskin, $635
  • Size ~44 (model is about 5'8" and 140)

Item #11 - MA1, black lambskin, SOLD

Item #12 - MA1 Nylon, olive, $255

Item #13 - MA1 Suiting Wool, navy, SOLD

Item #14 - Single-Breasted Coat, camel, $350

Item #15 - Varsity, navy/walnut, $290

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.