1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Best Budz

Best Budz Senior Member

2. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Distinguished Member

Looks exactly like your screenshot

3. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Distinguished Member

@Understatesman I think the jacket looks great. The only thing I’d change is the body length. I prefer shorter jackets (not SLP-cropped though, but IMO Falcon’s standard lenghts are too long, and I’m fairly average at 5’11) because a) at some point it starts looking like a leather blazer b) makes legs look shorter and IMO long legs > long torso and c) hips are wider (unless beer belly) and to account for that either you make the jacket a hourglass shape (not good unless you don’t mind it looking feminine) or boxier.

This is purely personal preference though. Shoulders etc is more objective and it looks good.

4. dopygarment

dopygarment Member

@Understatesman I think the jacket looks and fits great. But of course I understand that everyone has their own personal preferences regarding the fit. But from this outsider's perspective, it looks to be pretty much perfection.

5. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

Loads.

6. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior Member

Thanks everyone, for the most part I agree it fits really well and the thing's I've pointed out fit-wise (sleeve length and body length) are ultimately very minor. Still feels a bit too "baby's first perfecto" for me. Does lambskin actually ever break in and reach a point of looking less new?

I recall an Armani moto I had for years that ultimately did, but a large part of that was the fact that I caught got in the rain walking from the East Village to the Financial District in NYC late one night and didn't know how to care for leather at the time. So I just let it air dry.

7. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

The gloss definitely fades with wear and time in the elements. If you're feeling ballsy and want to speed up the process, you can hop in the shower with it and then let air dry.

8. Understatesman

Huh. Will that limit the creasing I'd ultimately set into the leather if I rather let things evolve naturally? I like creasing.

9. mrchariybrown

My best guess is that it will not affect creasing.

Daniel has washed his jackets in the past and they all look more worn and creased than mine.

10. drmmr

drmmr Distinguished Member

11. skeen7908

skeen7908 Distinguished Member

That's called a purse, guys

12. Understatesman

So I had an interesting thing happen while wearing this jacket earlier tonight. Was at a local mall, specifically Macy's walking around sipping my Starbucks and trying to locate a couple of friends I was going to meet-up with, when a sales woman working there walked by then mentioned over her shoulder that she liked my outfit. I wasn't sure she was talking to me since she was already 10+ feet past me, but upon looking over my shoulder she was still staring in my direction smiling. So I thanked her.

I was just wearing some brown CXL Viberg service boots, black denim jeans, a black tshirt and charcoal hoodie under my Falcon DR2 (or whatever it is). So yeah, a compliment and no doubt it was because of the jacket. So that helps me make a little progress towards keeping it. Never been complimented by a stranger on whatever I was wearing like that. Actually, I take that back. A sales guy at Neiman Marcus once mentioned that my TOJ minimalist DR was very cool, too.

Hmmm, maybe I can pull off DRs better than I thought.

13. masshi

masshi Distinguished Member

not being sarcastic or a smartass or whatever, but what's the appeal of a zip wallet?

are you guys non-american?

14. mrchariybrown

Price drops on all remaining sample sale items!

Flash Sample Sale

Rules:
    1. All sales are final and as-is (it's sad that I have to state this but a couple people in the past didn't know what a SAMPLE SALE meant).
    2. Prices include shipping CONUS (international shipping is a flat $50 more - sorry, non-US folk.. still good deals even with the additional shipping).
    3. Email only. No PMs. [email protected]
    4. Subject line but be in this format "Sample Sale - Item #[insert item number]"
      1. If you're interested in multiple items, send separate emails for each one.
    5. If you're ready to purchase, state so and I will send you an invoice. Once, I send the invoice you have 12 hours to complete payment - otherwise, I will move on to the next person in line.

Item #1 - QDR, olive lambskin, $635

• Size ~44 (model is about 5'8" and 140)
    [​IMG]

Item #2 - A2, brown goatskin, SOLD

Item #3 - BCDR, dark wine lambskin, $635
    • Size ~48/49 Long (model is about 6'2" and 180)
    [​IMG]

Item #4 - Double-Breasted Coat, navy wool, $380
    [​IMG]

Item #5 - DR Shearling, SOLD

Item #6 - DR1, whiskey calf suede, $535
    • Size ~50 (model is about 6' and 180)
    [​IMG]

Item #7 - DR2, oxblood calfskin, $660
    [​IMG]

Item #8 - DR3, black goatskin, $585
    [​IMG]

Item #9 - M1, black goatskin with Riri zippers, $635
    [​IMG]

Item #10 - M2, dove grey lambskin, $635
    • Size ~44 (model is about 5'8" and 140)
    [​IMG]

Item #11 - MA1, black lambskin, SOLD

Item #12 - MA1 Nylon, olive, $255
    [​IMG]

Item #13 - MA1 Suiting Wool, navy, SOLD

Item #14 - Single-Breasted Coat, camel, $350
    [​IMG]

Item #15 - Varsity, navy/walnut, $290
    [​IMG]

15. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

Charly, for your next photoshoot you need to get a model who is 5'9", 160 pounds with broad shoulders and wears a 47/48. I think your jackets would look really good on somebody with that exact build. Just a suggestion.