1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton which focuses on basic pieces customized to fit your body and your tastes.

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Distinguished Member

I moved on to techwear but the jawnz lives on in my heart

2. thats.mana

thats.mana Distinguished Member

Anyone have a pic of sand suede irl?

3. Danay

Danay Active Member

I posted one about 6 months ago of my girlfriend's DR. She loves the color. Loves the suede. Loves the fit. She's super picky about her garments, so for her to be thrilled over this jacket stands as testament towards FG's superior craftsmanship and products.

I'de be happy to post another picture if you need. Just not this weekend....

Go 76ers summer League!

4. thats.mana

thats.mana Distinguished Member

Thanks @Danay, I was able to go back and find the pic.

Page 180 if anyone is curious.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018

5. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior Member

its also probably the only suede jacket/ fitpic on a female on their IG too

6. J.Nakamura

J.Nakamura New Member

Anyone know if the double rider is a crop fit or normal length, seen mixed reviews from pictures online

7. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

It could be either, that's the whole point!

I have seen both within these threads, and shorter jackets can look good as long as you know what you're going for and why.

8. tgod93

tgod93 Senior Member

anyone know if there's another sale/promo coming up? i JUST missed this last one :((

9. AustinMatherne

AustinMatherne New Member

You're not alone. I'm also subscribed to this thread and waiting for the next sell

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Probably not one coming for a while (if ever). Not sure, since we're working with a new marketing team and updating our website soon.

You should be following us on IG if you want all the news on new releases or sales: https://www.instagram.com/falcongarments/?hl=en

11. J.Nakamura

J.Nakamura New Member

Can someone describe the differences between the lamb, goat, and calf hide in terms of durability, weight, and sheen, and their overall preferred?

12. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

Other people are more qualified than me, but I'll take a quick crack.
    • Lamb is the lightest and the least durable. It will show wear the most quickly, so keep that in mind when choosing lamb - you're getting a jacket that will have visible creases throughout for most of its life. In some cases, that looks awesome, but it's a particular look.
    • Goat is only slightly heavier than lamb, but it's much more durable. It's also much less sheeny, in large part due to the grainy/pebbled texture up close. Goat is really a midground between lamb and calf - between the two in terms of weight, durability and how easily it will show wear over time, though closer to lamb on all counts - with a slightly different look from either of them.
    • Calf is heavy, is probably the sheen-iest off the bat, and is very durable. That means it shows wear slowly, but also means it breaks in slowly. Calf will of course show signs of wear, but if you look at well-worn calf jackets they tend to show larger rolls in the arms and other points of motion, and bigger creases, rather than the sort of smaller creases you get from lamb's drape.
    And just to be complete, lamb and calf suedes are exactly what you would expect given the above descriptions.

I used to prefer calf because I wanted my jacket to look as close to new as possible even once I've worn it. Now I'm the opposite, and I love the way stuff looks once it's worn in, so I prefer goat and lamb. In most cases I'd choose goat over lamb purely for sake of durability - I really don't like having to worry about the stuff I'm wearing, so even though I like the way lamb looks a little better, I like wearing goat a lot more. But I think lamb looks particularly good with some of the more minimal styles (M1s, DR2s, bombers) where those creases give the jacket tons of character over time. I also can't be arsed to buy things that require breaking in these days, so the idea of getting a calf jacket that is going to be less comfortable than goat or lamb for a while just doesn't appeal to be anymore.

Hope that helps. If any of that is wrong, anybody can feel free to contradict me...I've got some first-hand experience with all of these leathers, but much more with goat than the other two.

13. J.Nakamura

J.Nakamura New Member

Thanks so much for your response, it was very thorough and informative. Much appreciated! I agree I'm leaning more towards goat as well

14. RXS09

RXS09 Distinguished Member

have a goat CWU and have owned both calf and lamb in the past. Goat is the superior leather IMO, at least for falcons options.

It kinda offers the best of both worlds. Great durability but 0 break-in and drapes similar to lamb

15. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

LABOR DAY SALE

With summer coming to a close, leather weather makes its way back into our lives.

Get ready for the brisk Autumn air and chilly nights with bonfires and a new jacket to keep your warm.

[​IMG]
    *$80 credit valid only on A2, CWU45, M1, DR1, DR2, DR3, DR Shearling, Stadium Jacket, M65, MA-1, Shirt Jacket, T1, T3, Weekender Bag

[​IMG]
    *$50 credit valid only on Chesterfield, Fishtail, MA-1 Nylon, MA-1 Suiting Wool, Peacoat, T1 Denim, T3 Denim, V1, V2, V3

To activate credit, mention this email at time of purchase.
    Offer expires September 3rd, 2018, 11:59 PM EST.