1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11 : Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Please email us at [email protected] for that.

Can't put lapels on a DR5.

2. Danay

Danay Active Member

Phila Unite... Go 76ers! 76ers.JPG

3. JackL2

JackL2 Well-Known Member

Can you provide some more information on your denim jackets? They look great, but curious what makes these $410 versus other denim jackets. Where's this denim from?

4. mrchariybrown

Denim isn't particularly special. It feels nice and looks nice. A handful of people asked for the T1/T3 to be made in denim, so we offered it. Our labor costs are pretty high because we want to pay our tailors for their skill, so the price reflects a lot of that.

5. qianwen

qianwen Active Member

Recently received my lamb suede harrington and - wow. This is literally the nicest casual jacket I have ever owned (and I have owned two TOJ jackets). I'm amazed this is an "off the menu" style; IMO this should be one of Falcon's flagship items. The khaki is an amazing color and the website pictures do not do it justice - it is a much warmer, richer color - probably "honey" would be a good description. Also my first experience with lamb suede - amazing material and surprisingly thick, while also being incredibly soft.

Harrington fit pics (the color is somewhat off as it is indoors under incandescent light)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I got the harrington in stock 46 bomber sizing and it fits exactly like I wanted it to (for ref, I am 5'8" and 145-150lbs and stock size S or 36 OTR in most brands usually fits me perfect). Could not be happier with it. I specifically asked for the inside to be bemberg rather than the tartan lining - I don't mind tartan but it's not what I was going for with this piece. They also put leather on the inside of the zipper as I requested so you don't see the lining while it's being worn.

[​IMG]

And here is a pic I snapped of my sleeve in the sun so you have a better sense of the true color and lamb suede texture:
    [​IMG]

Seriously love the Harrington. Almost tempted to order another one in Persian blue (as shown earlier in this thread) or sand lamb suede. Think this would also work well in a light gray lamb suede.

I also got the A2 bomber in brown lamb, also a stock 46. First impression: wow, the armholes are really high up. Wearing this feels tighter around the armpits than some tailored suit jackets I own. If I were doing this again, I might order a 47 in the A2, or get them to custom widen the arm holes. The 46 Harrington in comparison is more comfortable.

A2 Fit pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have owned two of the A2 bomber jackets from TOJ. Compared to TOJ, the lambskin is thinner and lighter, and a tiny bit less buttery soft/smooth (being brand new vs. worn might be a factor in this, not sure). I also noticed the leather appeared somewhat 'wrinkled' and semi creased in spots, perhaps due to being folded up in the box - hopefully that goes away with wear. You can see it around the midsection on the right pic. However this is still a high quality product. My Falcon jacket is completely free of veins, unlike my TOJ. The Falcon version also has nifty inside chest pockets with a vertical zipper.

Turnaround time: Amazingly fast compared to TOJ, where I waited nearly 2 years for my last jacket (I went through the entire Google sheets debacle and was probably one of the last people to get a jacket...) I paid Falcon for the jackets on April 2nd. Received tracking on April 20 - so just under 3 weeks production time. Received jackets on April 24th.

Overall - super happy with the Falcon experience. And the 10% off made these a steal! One feedback I have for Falcon: maybe get higher quality swatch and product pictures so people have a better sense of color and the high quality of your product. The real life lamb suede was much nicer than I was expecting based on the website pictures. Had I known the product was this good I would have probably pulled the trigger long ago.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018

6. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Distinguished Member

Nice write up. Still regret not getting on the gore-tex harrington.

7. Klemins

Klemins Distinguished Member

Any chance you'll offer a selvedge, raw denim in the future? Doesn't have to be anything crazy...would just prefer it to the current denim offerings.

8. CasvalRD

CasvalRD Well-Known Member

There was a FG goretex harrington? I can't seem to find a search in thread function on SF now...

9. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Distinguished Member

10. Nehabje

Nehabje Member

Hey, I'm curious, what kind of zippers are used specifically when the YKK ones are chosen?

11. Jipz

Jipz Well-Known Member

Lol glad we're back to bringing back questions about zippers.

12. mrchariybrown

Currently running a 15% off sale until Sunday, May 20th, 9 PM EST.

Just mention it when ordering.

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

If I’ve even helped convince anyone to order a suede Harrington, then my work is done.

14. mrchariybrown

Last month we took to the skies to test out our A2 in the real world.

We had a lot of fun and success with this shoot and wanted to offer 15% off on all orders this week to celebrate!

first_flight_sale.jpg

FalconAir_1006.jpg

FalconAir_1032.jpg

FalconAir_1024.jpg

View attachment 974467

Last edited: May 15, 2018

15. eyeheartny

eyeheartny Senior Member

I'm trying to get some real-world color feedback on a few items. Can anyone share photos of the following colors? I'd be very grateful!
    • Medium grey lambskin
    • Dark wine lambskin
    • Dark grey calf suede
    Many thanks!

Last edited: May 15, 2018