***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

In other news, Charly is a beast. Congrats on the last comp. :bigstar:

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks a bunch man! That 800 pound squat was a long time goal of mine. :D

In other news, who would be interested in a medium-sized, streamlined weekender bag in black calfskin or goatskin? :)

3. incakola123

incakola123 New Member

Last edited: May 24, 2017 at 4:05 PM
  4. leipergrey

leipergrey Well-Known Member

Has anyone gotten a denim trucker jacket yet?

I was about to pull the trigger but decided I would like to hear some impressions first.

5. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

yes. definitely.

6. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nope, that exact shade is long gone. We have a similar bright red in lambskin available though.

7. timbermade

timbermade Well-Known Member

This to the max. I've been putting off purchasing a weekender because I knew you'd do one eventually.

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

It's that or I buy a Margiela one to go with my Mulberry Clipper.

9. squiblet

squiblet New Member

Can somebody please comment on the fit of this leather jacket? It's a Falcon Garments Calf DR2 in stock 49. I bought it off of grailed, not entirely sure about the fit... kind of leaning on not happy with it. Wouldn't mind learning from this fit to find a better size for me - I'm thinking I would need to go MTO. (Hope it's okay to post this here, happy to remove it if it's not!)

[​IMG]

More images/angles in album here.

It will be my first leather jacket. Just wanted to give my thoughts and then hopefully get some answers and general comments from those more experienced with calf leather jackets, as I don't know what to expect with the break-in process, etc.

The jacket feels a bit boxy, and I understand it won't drape like lamb does. However, there's this gap between my body and jacket which feels very noticeable (and is somewhat visible in the angle view). Is this to be expected with a jacket in this style/material? Is the "fix" to size down on the waist section so there is a bit more of a taper from the chest?

I don't intend to wear it zipped up. However, when I do zip it up, it feels tight around my midsection and ends up billowing and looks very warped. Is this a good indicator of a sizing mismatch? It's hard to tell if it's because the size is too small or too large, my assumption is the chest measurements are too small?

Any comments on arm length or jacket length? I understand this is very subjective and depends on personal preference - I think they look fine here, but could this aspect be better?

Would sizing down be a mistake due to the above reasons? Also when buying a leather jacket, do you buy it a bit smaller/tighter, with the assumption it will stretch out like certain brands of jeans? Or do you stick with TTS measurements?

Thanks in advance!

10. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member