• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Do you know if that's something that eases with wear or does that pretty much just stay the same?

This happens to any bomber/ribbed jacket unless the ribbing is very loose. As someone said above it's not that both collar ends "meet" at the top, it's that when unzipped the ribbing "shrinks" and pulls the sides at the bottom.

I think it looks great.

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my jacket yesterday, a DR2 in black calf with gunmetal zippers. I just had a quick look but happy so far.

ILikeBacon

Reaction score

Thanks. Do you know if that's something that eases with wear or does that pretty much just stay the same?

If the ribbing stretches out then it will ease. You could try adjusting the bottom width measurement of the jacket so the ribbing doesn't need to stretch much when you zip it up. That way the ribbing (when contracted) wont pull back the sides as much when unzipped . BUT the "V" might also be due to your body/posture and the balance of the front/back of the jacket... Idk.

Last edited:

mrpo0nani

Reaction score
No fill coming out yet, but I really haven't worn mine that hard but the creases on the inside of my arm are making way to some holes already....

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Calf is not an option in the MA-1 so there goes your answer.

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

For anyone that own the nylon MA-1, do you guys notice strands of the fill coming out from the inside of your jacket? I've been noticing it a lot recently on my jacket and I don't have any damage on the inside that would've caused that.

What are you doing to your jacket for christ's sake lol

I wear my nylon MA1 almost daily and I toss it around on the ground. No fill coming out to speak of.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have a good picture of a goat DR jacket?

FG's goat is amazing! I personally will pick it over lamb or calf anyday; absolutely love the texture. It's tough yet still luxurious.

BTW, my jacket is for sale if anybody is interest lol :embar:

Last edited:

Ichikasuto

Reaction score
What are you doing to your jacket for christ's sake lol

I wear my nylon MA1 almost daily and I toss it around on the ground. No fill coming out to speak of.
I might've exaggerated a bit but I don't really do anything rough to it. I wear a backpack with it but I don't think that would've cause fill to come out. There are tiny strands sticking out of the lining and I see some strands on my phone when I pull it out of the interior pocket.

This might just be nothing but seeing this just raised some concerns that I hope turns out to be insignificant.

CasvalRD

Reaction score

FG's goat is amazing! I personally will pick it over lamb or calf anyday; absolutely love the texture. It's tough yet still luxurious.

BTW, my jacket is for sale if anybody is interest lol
What size is it? And damn. It's gorgeous on you, why not keep it?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.