1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. masshi

masshi Senior member

@MickeyPunch

nice jacket!

how much crop did you go for exactly?

and would you say the old calf is at least decently wearable from the get-go? or do you think it's gonna be a while before it really breaks in and becomes comfortable?

if you could re-order, would you stick with it?

also, i've noticed that i'm like the only one who's ever brought up pencil marks

am i just that petty/nitpicky/etc. (wouldn't surprise me tbh), or are you guys just not finding any on your riders/motos?

1 person likes this.
  2. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Thanks! It's very stiff, but I'd definitely order the same again. It wanted what many described as "armour", and I preferred the less matte look.

I can see how it'd be excessively thick/stiff to some people. Actually I posted a pic in the leather jackets thread and there's a few guys who gave up trying to break in their jackets in this leather. I don't find it thst unconfortable to be honest, way less than, say, my 21oz Unbranded jeans.

And yes I think there are some marks in the leather. I personally don't care, but respect if you do. It happens often with expensive boots/shoes too, when some guys buy shoes for, say, $500+ they expect perfection, while I'm like "what? I'm going to cause way more damage in a couple of wears, let's beat this thing up".

To each their own though. The only thing I complained about in terms of quality was excessive pilling in the ribbing of my MA-1, but you can see Falcon are already offering a synthetic version that hopefully pills less.

Edit: forgot to answer another question: this jacket has a 21 inch front length, whereas my DR4 was 22 inches. I'm 5'11.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  3. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Senior member

or have users who have bought the product and submit their images themselves?

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We're going to reintroduce a customer photo gallery of some sorts again. They'll be on their own page.

5. MickeyPunch

You have http://toj-gallery.com for that. I have no idea who maintains it BTW.

6. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Is Falcon still planning on producing a greatcoat at some point? Last I remember production was pushed back.

7. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Updated version of my modified DR3 arrived earlier this week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The original modified DR3 details:

Changes made: Shiny/polished snaps to match the Riri zips <- you can see your reflection in them!, shorter belt length with a less sharp belt tip (more similar to an obtuse than an equilateral triangle), belt loops lengthened with the front right and left loops moved more towards the main zipper with a horizontal seam at the base of the loops following the seam at the hem of the jacket, different style back paneling, and slightly trimmer and shorter body measurements.

Thank you once again @mrchariybrown and @shinobi13, you guys did a fantastic job! I've already worn it several times!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    9 people like this.
  8. adeniran

adeniran Well-Known Member

@willy cheesesteak looks great man. Do you have any pictures of you wearing it?

9. willy cheesesteak

Thanks. No pictures just yet, maybe by the end of this weekend or next when I can get a friend to take some photos in daylight.

10. max_r

max_r Senior member

I would also be interested in this, I have been jonesing for a long coat that reaches mid-calf or longer, but I can't ever find anything I like that isn't like £1,000.

11. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Truth. Even halfway decent ones are invariably expensive.

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

No man walks alone is doing a Leder greatcoat preorder right now for 6-something

13. masshi

masshi Senior member

how specific are you when you request for stuff like a shorter belt or loops closer to the main zipper?

and how much did you shorten the lengths by compared to the previous one?

14. willy cheesesteak

Specific to the point where I give descriptions of how it should look like, how many degrees or inches + or - certain details need to be moved/lengthened/shortened, and marked photos or photoshop examples of how I want the final product to look like.

I shortened the front length by .6 in, back length by .5 in, and sleeve length by .2 in. Body width was taken in .5 in and sleeve widths were kept the same. The belt on my older one was 47.5 in long and the new one is 43 in long. I came to this number through referencing other belted DRs, accounting for the new waist width, and testing out with tape measure various lengths with regards to how much I can shorten the belt without it looking weird.

Tbh, I don't think anybody should mess with this stuff unless they know exactly what they're doing, already have a crystal clear idea of what they want, and know what they're getting themselves into.

5 people like this.
  15. masshi

masshi Senior member

so i received my "revised" a2 a few days ago (if anybody remembers when i was talking about ordering another one just to change the lengths), and i noticed that the placket goes all of the way to the bottom of the jacket now unlike before (compare how it is on the ma-1 vs. the a2):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

unfortunately, they missed a detail that i requested, so it's going to have to be sent back, but i guess it kind of works out since i prefer the older placket length and will be requesting that that be done on the new one

i was also "upgraded" to goat (originally ordered brown lamb) because their current lamb supply wasn't up to their standards, and was actually kind of bummed out when i found out because i wasn't told about it until i was sent my tracking info

was never really a big fan of goat's texture, but after seeing and handling it in person it really is quite nice and i think the texture lends itself really well to the a2

kind of a happy accident, i guess, since i think i'll actually be going with goat for this redone one

16. MarkinNYC

MarkinNYC Active Member

I love how the back looks! Did it cost a lot more to change the pattern?[​IMG]

17. MickeyPunch

If I ever get another Falcon jacket it'll be a brown goat A2 for sure... unless they come up with a jacket I like even more (no more riders for me, though).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  18. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Senior member

they need templates for each leather options (with a magnifying thing) available so buyers can see the details and difference between each leathers before ultimately deciding on a purchase. that will certainly help for sure.

19. willy cheesesteak

Closeup:
    [​IMG]

Full body:
    [​IMG]

Video:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Credit to @homi and @nickelcobalt for the photos + video.

It was MTM price.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    19 people like this.
  20. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

^ That's a great fit in general, Willy.

Info on sweater?