1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Will be sure to have quadrupled our prices for you by then! :D

2. PeteyPajamapant

PeteyPajamapant Member

That looks great. Did you measure a jacket that already fit well? I really wanna buy one of these soon, but I'm so afraid I'm gonna mess the measurements up.

3. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

that's why charly is there to help.

2 people like this.
  4. Werbert Hest

Werbert Hest Member

This^. Trust Charly

1 person likes this.
  5. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    3 people like this.
  6. ihrm

ihrm Well-Known Member

Any update on the fishtail?

7. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

do goat/calf leather jackets fare better in terms of water damage compared to lamb leather?

8. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Senior member

I'm not an expert but I get the impression from my own leather jackets that calf is less porous than lamb and hence less susceptible to rain stains. Would be interested myself though in hearing from somebody who knows more about this

2 people like this.
  9. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

yes, though you will not destroy a lamb jacket with rain, and beat-up lamb can look great.

10. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

thanks for the replies guys!

btw, has anyone posted a pic of their suede rider/bomber yet? havent kept up with the thread so please let me know...

11. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I still have the very first TOJ moto jacket ever made and it still looks great. It was lamb. Take that as you will.

Also I treated it like shit.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    2 people like this.
  12. chickenfark

chickenfark Senior member

Don't think I've seen anything, would definitely love some pictures

13. Meis

Meis Senior member

Yeah, same. My MDR (late '12) isn't quite as old as your jacket, but I've worn the shit out of it and never conditioned it or anything and it's still in great shape.

Suede DR5 (also happens to be for sale, if that's alright to mention)
    [​IMG]

14. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Man, I wish I was cool enough to wear that.

15. Lolawolf

Lolawolf Well-Known Member

Definitely keeping my eye on this. I've never had a reversible jacket before - anything I should keep in mind?

16. NonChalant321

NonChalant321 Senior member

Fishtail has arrived.

This is the first piece I got from Falcon. I had several from TOJ but like many others, was burnt on the last jacket I was waiting on. I had been waiting for the Fishtail since Falcon first started and jumped on it first chance I got.

First impressions:

- Great craftsmanship, really nice details (even wife was impressed and is interested in getting one too now)

- Lighter than I thought - the reviews for the TOJ fishtail gave me the impression that it was heavier. It's nice that it's not as heavy as I thought, but wondering how warm it will be once the temperature drops. Right now it's in the 50s here so it's hard to tell. There's the lining and the outer wool/silk, and seems like there might even be a layer in between sewn into the fabric. I'd be interested to hear from the Falcon guys if it's the same weight or intentionally made lighter. I haven't seen previous iterations in person so I can't say.

- Charly did mention the hood was downsized a bit - not sure how big it was but good call...I like the size it is now.

- I thought the cracked pepper would be of a grayish tinge - it's actually more of a brownish tinge. Not sure if this also is a change from the previous cracked pepper or just how it appeared in previous photos. That said - just as interesting a color as anticipated and I think it's something that'll grow on me as time goes by.

- I didn't expect epaulets. Not sure how I feel about them - if I knew I probably would request without (if that's even an option) but no big deal. But hey, I ordered before waiting for the sample photos so I was prepared to see a few surprises. If wife orders, she would like without epaulets so hope this is a possible.

- Fox fur hood lining doesn't seem removable - or is it?

All in all - this is a piece I look forward to wearing and keeping for years to come. Great job Charly and Dan - and great experience!

Enjoy the photos, and excuse the dusty mirror.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    5 people like this.
  17. Sam5p

Sam5p Active Member

Thanks for sharing the photos. What size do you typically wear and what size did you go with here? Do you feel like you have room to layer underneath?

For the Falcon guys, when will this be available on the website? Thanks.

18. NonChalant321

NonChalant321 Senior member

Definitely have room to layer. I went MTM but Charly said a 48 would be 90% there.

19. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

We just shot product on flat for Charly, should be a little while before they're fully ready for the web. We're shooting a small lookbook this weekend, too. Lots of cool-ish coming soon.

1 person likes this.
  20. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

hate to keep asking but any plans for wallets?