1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fake Zegna or old label?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Rolo, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

2. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

3. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Old label, quite old it seems. I couldn't say how old but I would guess at least 20-25 years, maybe more. In addition, counterfeiters don't usually bother with brown Alpaca sportcoats when they can knockoff and sell NWT black or navy 3B suits much more easily and for more $.

4. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Wow, super vintage. Certainly worth the less than $10 it is attracting right now, even if for the historical value only.

Perry

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Zegna has only gotten worse over time. This one could be great.

6. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Zegna has only gotten worse over time. This one could be great.

Blanket statement, Matt, that doesn't really match reality. The maker has its good aspects, though valuewise, I agree, it no longer makes sense to use them.

7. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

I picked it up for $22. Hope it fits.

8. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Blanket statement, Matt, that doesn't really match reality. The maker has its good aspects, though valuewise, I agree, it no longer makes sense to use them.
    Blanket statement, yes. But it does match reality. You can say it about Brioni, Kiton, Zegna and the rest of the high end Italian brands. They may be good now, but the quality was better in years past.

9. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

Blanket statement, yes. But it does match reality. You can say it about Brioni, Kiton, Zegna and the rest of the high end Italian brands. They may be good now, but the quality was better in years past.

Having recently seen most of the new Zegna collection, I'm inclined to agree. In some instances, the apparent detailing of the new stuff is actually nicer, but on closer inspection it kind of falls apart. I will say, though that I think Brioni has fallen much further than Zegna comparing their older stuff with their current lines...