1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

fake seven's on ebay?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sam, Dec 13, 2004.

1. sam

sam Senior Member

Okay, I'm an Ebay virgin. I like Seven's Dark New York wash, placed a bid for a pair, and won. They're only $50 when they retail for over a hundred (the swiggle ones, not sure about the A-pocket). The auction lists them as "100% authenticate" and the seller has over 3000 positive feedback. Is the markup really that high or did I buy a fake? I tried doing a search, but found nothing about fake Sevens. Thanks guys.

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

I'm going to go out on limb here and ask: who cares? If the quality is as good, the fabric is as good, does it matter whether it was made in a factory commissioned by Seven or by someone else?
    The problem with knock-offs is that they are usually of inferior quality. To me, a label is only worth something insofar as it denotes the quality of the garment. So, unless you're buying an inferior product, does it really matter? (Especially for $50)

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

4. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Distinguished Member

My impression is that the markup is fairly high. I just bought a few pairs at Cohoes (owned by Burlington Coat Factory, but focus on higher end goods relative to BCF) on sale for 49.99. Now, I know Cohoes made a good profit on them since this sale was not a clearance, so I could certainly see a seller making money at $50 on ebay. As to that pair, I couldn't tell you.

5. demeis

demeis Distinguished Member

Best way to tell with sevens know is that red tag that comes with them. If you ever bought real sevens then you will be able to tell the difference right away. I've seen fake sevens others have bought and they tags were either cardboard or just this weird extra thin paper, almost like tissure paper but thicker.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Dude, whether they are real or fake, as far as I know, the A pockets are women's jeans only. Men have a choice between the old swiggle, the "new" swiggle, and the new "Flynt."

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

LA Guy,

unfortunately, they do have the A pocket jean for men now, I saw some in Nordstrom the other day, it was a big WTF moment.

8. LA Guy

WTF... And now they are using lycra in the men's jeans too. I will definitely have to stock up on older stuff.

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

The mens a pocket has been around for two seaons.

10. LA Guy

Seriously? I haven't been keeping up with the latest Sevens, in general, but haven't seen these anywhere.