1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fake Robert Talbott Seven-Fold Ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nataku, May 7, 2008.

1. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Anyone ever run across these? I found two at the thrift shop today. Clearly fake. No silk backing, cheap silk, poorly screened logos. Terrible. At .75 a piece I grabbed them for my fiance to use at work, as she's a waitress and stuff gets spilled on them anyway. I know there's fake Armani, Dolce, Gucci, etc but I didn't think anyone would make a fake Talbott tie....

2. CharlesAlexander

CharlesAlexander Senior member

Fake Talbott seven folds? Now I've heard it all [​IMG]

3. princemarko

princemarko Senior member

Anyone ever run across these? I found two at the thrift shop today. Clearly fake. No silk backing, cheap silk, poorly screened logos. Terrible. At .75 a piece I grabbed them for my fiance to use at work, as she's a waitress and stuff gets spilled on them anyway. I know there's fake Armani, Dolce, Gucci, etc but I didn't think anyone would make a fake Talbott tie....

Robert Talbott Seven fold ties do not have silk backing.

4. Vittorio J

Vittorio J Active Member

It would be really hard to fake a Seven Fold Robert Talbott...Have any pics?...Please share...

5. heli0x

heli0x Senior member

I was gonna start a new topic, but then I found this. So, I recently got a talbott seven fold off the bay for real cheap, it looked like nobody wanted it so I took a chance knowing it could fake. Now I don't have much experience with these kind of ties, but I did notice that all Kiton 7 folds are lined, so that the front and back at the ends of the tie look the same (and extremely thick). I was also told that theres no such thing as an unlined seven fold, and after seeing this topic it really made me wonder if what I thought was a steal was actually a waste of money. So if theres anyone out there with some expertise in this stuff, is this robert talbott seven fold authentic or not? If it is, someone sure put in alot of effort. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

It's genuine. The construction details are the same on the one I have. I'm not saying it's not ugly, but it's genuine.

7. satorstyle

satorstyle Senior member

That's the real deal, Talbott 7folds have the backing of the silk on the tips of tie. Very nice tie!

8. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

Its real.

Regards.

9. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

Robert Talbott 7-folds are unlined. So both the OP's and Heliox's ties are the real deals.

To maintain exclusiveness, RT only makes 40 ties in any given 7-fold design. So Heli0x's tie is number 23 out of a lot of 40.

10. Ryan Graber

Ryan Graber Senior member

Yeah, those are the real deal.
    Good find.

11. heli0x

heli0x Senior member

Thanks guys, I was getting all worried after a SA told me unlined 7folds dont exists, who then proceeded to diss talbott as a nordstrom house brand
    And if anyones interested, there quite a few of them floating around ebay with starting bids around 10, and a bunch under 50, nice patterns too, but usually between 3.75-4, which is too wide for me

12. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

RT ties barely have any body and tend to come in patterns that could make a Jamaican pimp gag.
    They also do ties in limited runs so as to kick up the desirability aspect by a few notches.
    That's what the numbers on the flip side signify.
    Nordie sells those in dedicated boxes called "coffins".

13. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Double-checking an eBay seller. Does this look like a real RT7 to people? Numbering ("5/2012") seems suspect...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Sam Hober

Sam Hober Senior member Dubiously Honored

Can you show photos of the back?