• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake polo shirts on ebay

newtrane

Reaction score
Dear Gentlemen, I recently bought two Polo Shirts on Ebay and I am not sure if they are fakes. There are a couple of details that made me suspicious: 1) The cut is much bigger than the Classic Fit Medium I usually wear - the shoulders are much too wide. 2) The buttons are not attached using cross-stitching and the buttonholes are low quality 3) The label says "Made in Philippines", my other shirts do not have a "Made in ... " tag 4) The Polo Player logo looks thicker and less detailed than on my original shirts 5) Overall stiching is irregular and very low quality I attach some pics of these details below. Please let me know, if these shirts are fakes. This seller has sold hundreds of Polo Shirts and still sells them. Thank you very much.
polo1a.jpg
polo2a.jpg
polo2b.jpg
polo3a.jpg
polo3b.jpg
polo4a.jpg
polo4b.jpg
polo5.jpg
polo6.jpg

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well my 3 Pink Pony shirts have a much more detailed Polo Player. You can distinctly see 3 knots on the reins going form the horse's head to the player's hand. As, well the buttons are unlike those I have in any one of my Polo's. As well, the tag is incorrect, as all the Pink Pony tags I have seen are specifically made for the Pink Pony campaign.

The blue Polo Player on the pink shirt looks very suspicious, its like they did not even try to make a decent fake.

Jon.

newtrane

Reaction score
Thanks.

Any more opinions?

What can I do if they are fake?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am getting some more RL Polo's today (via FedEx Home Delivery, which is really really horrible and their website / telephone service is just incoherent when it comes to tracking items, but that's another story...), when I get them, I will compare them to the pics you posted.

But, seeing as they look fake (at least to me, recalling from memory), you should contact the seller and ask for a refund, whilst returning the fake items back to him / her.

Jon.

EDIT: It's now 4:55 pm and FedEx Home Delivery has yet to arrive. Did I say their service is horrible? I meant severely atrocious. I mean a service that lets you know you will receive your package between 9 am to 8 pm, is just plain worthless. What's the point of having tracking numbers if it takes 2 days to update the information on the website? Polo might as well ship the items via the US Postal Service...

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before requesting a return/refund, I'd do some more research into whether these are fakes. IMO, what you have here isn't enough -- it's just speculation. For example, we all know that many stores make clothing of lesser quality for their outlets. These could fall in that category. Another possibility -- Polo is a huge, multinational company -- I'm sure there are fakes out there, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that Polo has a factory in the Phillipines (or subcontracts to a shirt-maker in the Phillipines) that makes shirts strictly for the Asian market (yet which may find there way to other markets via EBay, etc.).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads