• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Rockatansky

Reaction score
Hi everyone, could you legit please ?

eddiegreen

Reaction score
Just an update, this piece sold by NYMilan (who also owns a online store called shop375_), is proven to be non-authentic, now i have to send back to them to get the refund back (by paypal)

one of the give key point was the t-shirt label.
It supposed to be labeled like this (as dior always list all the clothes fibre on their apparel and for this piece, its supposed to be 100% cotton (inclusive of the embroidery) and not exclusive of embroidery as shown below in the first image. or maybe there is a mistake made by the authenticator? different manufacturing places type the label differently? is there a possibility?

View attachment 1275283

The fakes one are like this:
View attachment 1275285 View attachment 1275288
Well they introduced a whole new different neck tag around the time this was released so I don’t see why they couldn’t change some wording on the care label also, I don’t know for sure though but it still looks good to me everywhere else.

sartoriale

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well they introduced a whole new different neck tag around the time this was released so I don’t see why they couldn’t change some wording on the care label also, I don’t know for sure though but it still looks good to me everywhere else.

Agreed! The shirt looks good.

jdpan

Reaction score
Y
yes yes, I know what u mean. But for materials wise on care tag, shouldn't it remain the same? since dior website(contemporary dior list all the fibre that the clothing is made up of) list it as 100% cotton, shouldn't the embroidery be cotton too? So why was there a "except embroidery". This means the embroidery is made up of something else (not cotton) which dont tally with dior. coincidentally, the care tag wasnt shown on the seller's listing pictures as well.

That was what was told to me

Last edited:

jdpan

Reaction score

Just got an update from dior

So is there any chance mine is still the authentic one even though its not 100%cotton even though the real one supposed to be 100% cotton inclusive of embroidery(regardless where u buy from) ? Dang. Unless the CS dont know what he/she is talking.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics