• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and would like to enquire on some of your expertise.

Recently I came across a seller selling his used Hermes ties. However, I am unsure of their authenticity and would thus, like to consult on you guys' opinions, especially the orange one before making the purchase.

I've read online as well as watched YouTube videos on how to spot a fake, but the orange one really gets me thinking. I'll insert some close-up shots the seller provided me with for the orange Hermes tie and I hope to get some good feedback :)

Thank you so much for the help rendered and I really appreciate it!

View attachment 1275011

View attachment 1275012

View attachment 1275013

View attachment 1275015

View attachment 1275016
That orange H tie is money

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know right. And now that I know it's authentic, well I guess + points!
I sold One like that a while back, my wife found 5 hermes in a $3 tie grab bag, got around $150 for an orange one like that

jdpan

Reaction score
Can anyone help me verify if this dior t-shirt is authentic that i bought online from ebay/grailed? This is my first time buying a luxury product . However,the reason why im paranoid is because this is a season based item, which means once out of stock, dior usually wont restock them and if i am not wrong, it has already been out of stocks from Dior stores since august (thats when i first saw the t-shirt online and wanted to buy it so there is a possibility that it could have been out of stocks way before august AND WAS NEVER REPLENISHED IN DIOR STORES TILL DATE).

Thus, i am not sure where the stocks for the t-shirt i got is from, unless it is the situation where as long as the "season" is over for this t-shirt, dior will not re-stock it even if there are still leftovers in the warehouse. I actually went to ask online non-official retailers such as endlessclothing, mclabels and they mentioned that dior requested them to stop selling their items(dior) online in order to allow dior customers to have a more personal experience in their own Dior stores to ensure exclusivity and to ensure the product would not spread too widely. In this case, i supposed that online retailers will not be able to get the deadstocks or private warehouse discounts (connections) anymore and then sell them at a cheaper price as compared to retailers?

Thus, how is it possible that some retailers are still able to sell BRAND NEW "authentic" dior clothes and also at a cheaper rate?"

Just an update, this piece sold by NYMilan (who also owns a online store called shop375_), is proven to be non-authentic, now i have to send back to them to get the refund back (by paypal)

one of the give key point was the t-shirt label.
It supposed to be labeled like this (as dior always list all the clothes fibre on their apparel and for this piece, its supposed to be 100% cotton (inclusive of the embroidery) and not exclusive of embroidery as shown below in the first image. or maybe there is a mistake made by the authenticator? different manufacturing places type the label differently? is there a possibility?

legit.JPG

The fakes one are like this:
IMG_20191105_110916.jpg
legit22.JPG

Last edited:

clamchauder

Reaction score
Hey guys!

This is my second post after my first one in the self-introduction page!

I have recently purchased a cashmere/silk cardigan from Ebay, as I am still very green for online auction, I would like to request for some assistance from the experts to provide some feedback whether if the garment is legit or not.

Please see below the pictures taken

Thank you people in advance!

Evzen77

Reaction score
Hello guys, I recently purchased these shoes from ebay and I have some doubts whether these are authentic or not. Could you please give me your opinion on that matter? I will attach some photos below.

Thank you in advance!
Best,
E.

Attachments

• EB074DEC-1558-4064-A1C2-2276D909968E.jpeg
    EB074DEC-1558-4064-A1C2-2276D909968E.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 9D94368A-19F7-48EE-A439-DE55ED49BB6E.jpeg
    9D94368A-19F7-48EE-A439-DE55ED49BB6E.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 1FBC42C4-A08B-4D4B-A0FC-6DA37B1D7B3E.jpeg
    1FBC42C4-A08B-4D4B-A0FC-6DA37B1D7B3E.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 38

Evzen77

Reaction score
The logo inside seems of very bad quality. And also this is strange. It is sewn only on one side. Is that normal?

Attachments

• B561549B-5BA1-4BF5-B302-8B6BE16BB125.jpeg
    B561549B-5BA1-4BF5-B302-8B6BE16BB125.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 39

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads