• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Rockatansky

Reaction score
Hi everybody, could you please legit ? I've never seen this tag before...

Tag.JPG

eddiegreen

Reaction score
I didnt Hear about this. Knowingly selling fakes?
Yeh, don’t know how far it went, coulda just been a few dodgy employees, I don’t know, but it definitely happened. They are still authorised stockists of Moncler and Moncler were made publicly aware of the situation:eh:

lol

Reaction score
Recently, I bought a Brioni silk scarf from Frieschskys.
https://www.frieschskys.com/brioni-navy-yellow-spell-handmade-silk-scarf-shawl-fashion-headscarf
Does Brioni even sell those silk scarfs?
I have gone to their website and store(one time), but I have never seen those before. View attachment 1153497
Thank you.
Brioni makes many garment pieces each year, so it is usually that you cannot find one particular piece in its store unless it is belong to a popular line. Sometimes, Brioni can make some special order pieces for certain stores. In that case, the fabric and even the cut may be different. And yes, Brioni sells top quality silk ties, pocket squares, scarfs, shirts, and suits, etc... And they are premium in prices also.

Terrapot

Reaction score
Authenticate this Burberry polo shirt for me guys please. Found it in a second hand. Writing on inside tag is hard to see but it is made in Poland.
Thanks

20190409_145509.jpg

20190409_145504.jpg

20190409_145444.jpg

20190409_145422.jpg

Frapet1982

Reaction score

billsmith

Reaction score
IMG_1444.jpg
Recently picked up a Lubiam sport coat at an admittedly sketchy pop up style shop around 27th Street in NYC. I'm not familiar with the brand, but only four words on the inner label are decipherable. Is this typical?

haloitsme

Reaction score

Bradeki

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I picked up a Lee Riders denim jacket that I thought might be from the 70s. Unfortunately, I've since read that Lee denim jackets ALWAYS have plastic cat eye buttons at the bottom, and mine has the same metal "Lee Riders" buttons present throughout the rest of the jacket (Last picture). Does this mean I picked up a fake? Thanks for your help.
_MG_2254.JPG
_MG_2256.JPG
_MG_2257.JPG
_MG_2259.JPG

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I picked up a Lee Riders denim jacket that I thought might be from the 70s. Unfortunately, I've since read that Lee denim jackets ALWAYS have plastic cat eye buttons at the bottom, and mine has the same metal "Lee Riders" buttons present throughout the rest of the jacket (Last picture). Does this mean I picked up a fake? Thanks for your help.
View attachment 1160998 View attachment 1161000 View attachment 1161001 View attachment 1161002
Legit, I’d say more around ‘80s and not ‘70s

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads