• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

unprocessed

Reaction score
First, a major caveat is this is the first 7-fold or Kiton tie I’ve ever ordered, so not used to what the look and feel of the tie should be.

The Kiton tie I ordered on eBay simply feels very light and very rigid, reminding me of some Calvin Klein skinny ties I have that are silk but feel kind of light and cheap. It’s the complete opposite of a Brioni tie I have, which feels heavy, smooth, and luxurious, and ties a very heavy and substantial knot. (Also noticed thread hanging out of the Kiton tie, but nothing a pair of scissors can’t fix).

Is a “light” Kiton/7-fold tie normal? I’ll also note the eBay seller I purchased from sells a lot of luxury ties and seems perfectly legit.

12CB499F-FFCD-4BF4-A362-A10C0BC22E45.jpeg

28A6ECCB-B004-4974-90BB-6EFEE6DB2EA6.jpeg

132CC68D-A96A-4131-A62C-AD91EBB10455.jpeg

362B5764-E9B1-4D4B-BFFE-5AE04BD91E36.jpeg

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, a major caveat is this is the first 7-fold or Kiton tie I’ve ever ordered, so not used to what the look and feel of the tie should be.

The Kiton tie I ordered on eBay simply feels very light and very rigid, reminding me of some Calvin Klein skinny ties I have that are silk but feel kind of light and cheap. It’s the complete opposite of a Brioni tie I have, which feels heavy, smooth, and luxurious, and ties a very heavy and substantial knot. (Also noticed thread hanging out of the Kiton tie, but nothing a pair of scissors can’t fix).

Is a “light” Kiton/7-fold tie normal? I’ll also note the eBay seller I purchased from sells a lot of luxury ties and seems perfectly legit.

View attachment 1097642

View attachment 1097643

View attachment 1097644

View attachment 1097645

Does it have a canvas lining? I don't know if 7 fold ties do, so that might explain the weight.

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score

View attachment 1097642

View attachment 1097643

View attachment 1097644

View attachment 1097645
Fwiw I’ve had tons of Talbott best of class ties and one seven fold..it was significantly lighter like maybe 1/3 the weight. Maybe it’s because they’re essentially gutted and just silk?

volcanotristate

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a Samuelson sport coat in 100% polyester that feels like cashmere? No pics but the tag says 100% polyester

Quesjac

Reaction score
Kiton experts, @SpooPoker and anyone else: please tell me this is fake? (not mine) The labels look fine to me but these pockets look so messy I could have done them.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

lfd75

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a Samuelson sport coat in 100% polyester that feels like cashmere? No pics but the tag says 100% polyester
I just saw one at the thrift store near my house. They are real but old (The logo has the heart between the "u" and the "e" and they do feel incredibly soft.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@SpooPoker Could you legit check this versace, please? Buyer is saying that buttons with no engravings are fake. Thank you !! View attachment 1103031 View attachment 1103032 View attachment 1103033 View attachment 1103034 View attachment 1103035 View attachment 1103036

Engraved versace buttons are usually the flat ones found on dress shirts. Versus has a whole different thing - and womens used ornate / jewel buttons so they wouldnt be the same as mens. That piece looks like mid-late 90s to me and from those pics Id say real. Also nobody really takes the time to knock off Versus!

clubemobo

Reaction score
Engraved versace buttons are usually the flat ones found on dress shirts. Versus has a whole different thing - and womens used ornate / jewel buttons so they wouldnt be the same as mens. That piece looks like mid-late 90s to me and from those pics Id say real. Also nobody really takes the time to knock off Versus!
Thanks so much for the quick reply, I felt the same with it being Versus. But they Offered and now are waiting to pay until they can authenticate.....hmmm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads