• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

San780

Reaction score
Dear all,

While thrifting this weekend, I came across a 100% cashmere sportcoat made by Kiton. Everything looks real to me, except for the fact that the lining is plain, instead of trademark Kiton Napoli watermark. Is that a red flag?

Any feedback from a Kiton aficionado would be highly appreciated!

Thanks once again.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

While thrifting this weekend, I came across a 100% cashmere sportcoat made by Kiton. Everything looks real to me, except for the fact that the lining is plain, instead of trademark Kiton Napoli watermark. Is that a red flag?

Any feedback from a Kiton aficionado would be highly appreciated!

Thanks once again.

Pics would help.

San780

Reaction score

Pics would help. 

Thank you for your very kind reply.

Unfortunately I didn't get to take any pics (à bad idea). The internal tags (KITON brand name, the small composition tag just inside the left pocket, the green 100% cashmere tag just above the right pocket as well as the hand written size and drop indication inside the right pocket) all seem genuine.

The only red flag is the lack of Kiton Napoli watermark on the lining. I have two other Kitons and all the other Kitons I've come across always have the trademarked KITON name all over the lining...

I should get some pics!

9tailsfox

Reaction score

Hello I saw this in auction. is this purse genuine authentic? thanks

Last edited:

HpinEUR

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I thrifted this "Lardini" jacket a little while ago, but the size/info label doesn't seem to match others I have seen on styleforum. Does anyone know if this jacket is the real deal? Are Lardini commonly faked? Thanks for any help with this.

9tailsfox

Reaction score
Hello base on the picutures is it real think? I'm interested to buy but afraid of counterfeit. thanks

winegarden

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I bought this Lacoste Polo not too long ago. I was looking for a grey one like this one and decided to go for it, I know that Lacoste is a pretty much chav brand and that like 80% of them are fake.

Still bought several Lacoste Pullovers and this Polo. Don’t ask why.

Anyway, the material feels weird but I never washed it. It feels like plastic. Probably just rubbish Lacoste quality. That’s the one thing that I am sceptic about. But it feels very light, which apparently is a good sign. Also, look at the Crocodile, there’s a clear, transparent thread there. I find that kind of weird. But I’ve looked at the other two Lacoste Pullovers I have, and it’s there as well. Apparently this one was poorly / not properly stitched? Or it’s really a fake. (look closely for the transparent thread on some of the close-up pics)

The buttons feel good however. Cold and hard. Not plastic. I guess it’s that mother of pearl thing.

I did some pics where you can see the stitching of the Crocodile on the inside too, don’t know if that’s helpful. Don't know if it's on the right position.

It looks and feels new and I got it for a good price. But if it's fake I'll give it back.

Thanks ;)

Anonimac

Reaction score
I would say it's real.

- Collar tag seems legit (fakes usually use S, M, L sizes, genuine Lacoste never does)
- Crocodile is nicely done (on fakes is the opposite)
- There is nothing behind the crocodile logo (such as stitches).

My two cents.

SteelGuy

Reaction score
I just received this today from the Bay. It doesn't seem right. I thought Gitman Bros was all made in the USA. And the name tags seems to my untrained eye to be a different color
... Maybe blue vs black.

winegarden

Reaction score
I would say it's real.

- Collar tag seems legit (fakes usually use S, M, L sizes, genuine Lacoste never does)
- Crocodile is nicely done (on fakes is the opposite)
- There is nothing behind the crocodile logo (such as stitches).

My two cents.

Hmm you can actually see some stitches behind the crocodile logo (see last few pics), but I guess it's normal to some extent?

Also I never understood what's so hard to use some numbers instead of letters on the tag. Like, fake ones could have numbers too?

Thanks for your opinion.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Versace VJC jeans. They look real to me...especially the tag and rivets? Am I right?

Last edited:

OcFrog114

Reaction score
Hey! I am new to the forum and wanted to throw a post out about a Canali suit I came across on eBay!

I currently own a Canali suit that I got at Nordstrom and I am thinking about purchasing one I came across on eBay! Would anyone be able to help me determine if it is real or not? All the tagging and etc looks identical to the one I currently own, but wanted to get other opinions! Also, I am wondering how old the suit is if indeed it is real! Thanks in Advance!

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hey! I am new to the forum and wanted to throw a post out about a Canali suit I came across on eBay! 

I currently own a Canali suit that I got at Nordstrom and I am thinking about purchasing one I came across on eBay! Would anyone be able to help me determine if it is real or not? All the tagging and etc looks identical to the one I currently own, but wanted to get other opinions!  Also, I am wondering how old the suit is if indeed it is real! Thanks in advance

Moved your post over here. Best of luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads