• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

ebmk3891

Reaction score
I know I should be wary of fakes, but this one seems legit to me. Seller doesn't have a lot of feedback (51 to be exact with perfect rating) and has mostly been a buyer. The one exception as a seller was a similar Burberry jacket at the same price (unfortunately, the auction is older than 90 days and I couldn't find a cached version on Google). I couldn't search for this type of jacket anywhere on Google to find a match, but it seems legit, perhaps you guys can prove me wrong.

http://img703.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=burberry1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something about it doesn't seem right to me, but I can't put my finger on it.

I'd be wary of the inclusion of the receipt photo as it reveals absolutely nothing; no item details, no price. All it shows is that someone once bought something from Burberry.

ebmk3891

Reaction score
Yeah - I agree and it's just a Gift receipt with no real description.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks real enough to me, even if the receipt is fake. However, I wouldn't pay more than $50 for it. It could easily be an outlet item that retails for much less than MSRP.

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
It's a "Prorsum" though, are those outlet junk as well? I thought that was the one good Burberry

mta265

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan
It's a "Prorsum" though, are those outlet junk as well? I thought that was the one good Burberry

It's not prorsum

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks real.

Gift receipt is from Burberry outlet in Primm, NV.

And it is NOT a Prorsum

ebmk3891

Reaction score
I recently got a reply saying he bought 4 jackets - one for himself, for his pops and then the two he's been trying to sell. His history indicates he sold the other one around last July and this one. If his history only had sales, then I'd probably be weary, but all items except for that one sale have been him as a buyer.

Thanks guys.

retozimmermann

Reaction score
The lighting in the pictures is not very good and certainly the laces need replacing but what specifically makes you think they're fake?

MILD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by retozimmermann
The lighting in the pictures is not very good and certainly the laces need replacing but what specifically makes you think they're fake?
shoes laces are not accurate... and I have never seen black letters insole "JOHN LOBB PARIS"

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those are ready-to-wear shoes, made by John Lobb, Paris in their factory (JL & Co) in Northampton, England.

I would guess, the shoes are quite a few years old (maybe from the early 90s).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads