• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

juniorsample

Reaction score
Just purchased these RRL jeans from what appears to be a trusted ebay seller. 11,000 sales with 99%+ rating. They claimed they are new without tags and might be samples, but there is a language barrier so communicating is difficult. I see no other tags on the jeans. Listing indicates they are the Topeka Wash from a few years back and might be samples if I'm understanding the messages from the seller. The belt loops are what initially raised an eyebrow for me. I'd appreciate another pair of eyes on these as I don't have a RL/RRL store nearby to confirm. If there are any other pictures needed, I can provide them.
looks legit.

Pertinnax

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm was on vinted looking for clothing and i came across this jacket that claims to be Loro Piana, but I'm not sure so i thought I'd come and get opinion from those the have both Loro Piana before.

To not influence anyone's judgment, I'll share the price a later.

Here are some pictures of it: Img_2022_01_11_06_47_56.jpeg Img_2022_01_11_06_48_11.jpeg Img_2022_01_11_06_48_22.jpeg Img_2022_01_11_06_48_49.jpeg Img_2022_01_11_06_49_07.jpeg

tamimasa

Reaction score
Well, this jacket is made with Loro Piana fabric, but it doesn't mean that it is Loro Piana that made the jacket. Loro Piana is also a fabric company selling fabric to third parties. Anyone with access to the fabric could've made this jacket, and that Loro Piana tag does not indicate good quality, it just indicates good fabric. I'm sure that the price would be on the low end as people don't buy jackets based on just the fabric alone.

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm was on vinted looking for clothing and i came across this jacket that claims to be Loro Piana, but I'm not sure so i thought I'd come and get opinion from those the have both Loro Piana before.

To not influence anyone's judgment, I'll share the price a later.

Here are some pictures of it: View attachment 1735038 View attachment 1735039 View attachment 1735040 View attachment 1735041 View attachment 1735042

Its an orphaned suit jacket made with LP fabric. It could be from any number of labels.

Pertinnax

Reaction score
Well, this jacket is made with Loro Piana fabric, but it doesn't mean that it is Loro Piana that made the jacket. Loro Piana is also a fabric company selling fabric to third parties. Anyone with access to the fabric could've made this jacket, and that Loro Piana tag does not indicate good quality, it just indicates good fabric. I'm sure that the price would be on the low end as people don't buy jackets based on just the fabric alone.
Thank you! The makes sense. What are some ways to find out if it's well constructed without having it in hand first? Things i could ask the seller.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! The makes sense. What are some ways to find out if it's well constructed without having it in hand first? Things i could ask the seller.

forget the fabric. What’s the brand and model? A good start.

Pertinnax

Reaction score
Looks like a small independent tailor using LP fabric
Yup. Seems like it. What has me skeptical of the quality of construction, though, is the price this individual is selling it for: 19 euros. Let's assume the quality is at least decent/good. Why would someone sell it for so little? It doesn't look like it has defects either.

volcanotristate

Reaction score
Yup. Seems like it. What has me skeptical of the quality of construction, though, is the price this individual is selling it for: 19 euros. Let's assume the quality is at least decent/good. Why would someone sell it for so little? It doesn't look like it has defects either.
Orphan suit coat from unknown tailor, Mabye.
My tailor is unknown to probably everyone here but he does excellent work so don’t be afraid because it doesn’t have a Zegna (etc) label. If you like it get it.

Pertinnax

Reaction score
Orphan suit coat from unknown tailor, Mabye.
My tailor is unknown to probably everyone here but he does excellent work so don’t be afraid because it doesn’t have a Zegna (etc) label. If you like it get it.
You're absolutely right about that. It's also not like I'm paying an ungodly amount. Thank you for your take!

notdos

Reaction score
Yes, unknown maker and orphaned suit coat. Not really good for much, imho.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads