• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen Sulk, ricci and Brioni sometimes even Holland and sherry use gold thread. Ties legit
Faberge makes some limited edition ties with 18K thread as well. I bought several last year. They are in a storage tub around here somewhere. Resale on them tanked before I could unload them.

faberge.PNG

Olmabe

Reaction score
Never came across this version of PRL label before. Does anybody know if it is legit or would I get burned?

IMG_6280.PNG

saturnrevenge

Reaction score
hello there,

I just got a Issey Miyake Homme Plisse black pants and it looks really weird. First, the tag, missing "I"for Issey Miyake is really weird, seller said he got it on depop first and he didn't even notice the I was missing (huh ok??) also the pleats looks weird too I really need a legit check fast cuz the refund thing only works for a few days, thanks !
1606841043869.png
1606841057870.png
1606841091094.png

Last edited:

pariscan33

Reaction score
Hi bought this wallet online. It's a Mont Blanc 14548 Men's Meisterstück Leather Wallet 6cc Black. Simple question: Is it authentic? I was told that older models had the hologram tag on the inside but that it's not used anymore. Is that true? Mine doesn't have it.

Attachments

• IMG_4949.jpeg
    IMG_4949.jpeg
    489.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4945.jpeg
    IMG_4945.jpeg
    427.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4946.jpeg
    IMG_4946.jpeg
    461.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4947.jpeg
    IMG_4947.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 16

pariscan33

Reaction score
Hi bought this wallet online. It's a Mont Blanc 14548 Men's Meisterstück Leather Wallet 6cc Black. Simple question: Is it authentic? I was told that older models had the hologram tag on the inside but that it's not used anymore. Is that true? Mine doesn't have it.

Attachments

• IMG_4949.jpeg
    IMG_4949.jpeg
    489.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4945.jpeg
    IMG_4945.jpeg
    427.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4946.jpeg
    IMG_4946.jpeg
    461.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4947.jpeg
    IMG_4947.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 51

HahaLmao

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Joined the forum just to post this. I purchased this BC vest last week from the 'bay and it was very convincing. I couldn't tell anything off from the slightly grainy photos posted given these details were very small, so I pulled the trigger before someone else would. The things I usually looked for checked out, and who in their right mind would make replicas for an understated brand?

Stock sold out quickly from this particular seller which goes to show how convincing they were. When I received it, I knew something was off. The biggest thing that stood out was the hangtag. I assumed that this was a factory second or something (does Cucinelli even have factory seconds?) given the low price. Despite this, the quality is surprisingly good. The vest is heavy and supple, the zippers are crisp, and the whimsical font of "Mr" and "Date" on the name tag were correct.

I've annotated a couple of pictures. Hope you all can confirm my suspicions.
IMG_20201204_212408.jpg

IMG_20201204_213301.jpg

IMG_20201204_213359.jpg

IMG_20201204_213426.jpg

IMG_20201204_213454.jpg

IMG_20201204_213513.jpg

IMG_20201204_213549.jpg

Conclusions:
- Cucinelli replicas are getting scary accurate now. There are some very minute details that you would not think a counterfeiter would even consider adding. It's only when you get them in hand that you realize.
- If I had no prior knowledge and this was my first piece from them, I would not question it at all. One downside of everything being hand-made is the small imperfections to be expected. As the Japanese say - wabi-sabi.
- Brands that are more ostentatious are the typical target for replicas, so I found it strange that these understated brands are being targeted too.

I'm 99% certain this vest is fake, and I hope the sharp eyes of this forum can confirm for me that last 1% of doubt. With that said, I am still unsure if this might be a factory second, making this entire post a false positive. A part of me refuses to believe that so much time and energy is invested into details for a brand not meant to "flex."

Like I said, it's only been a week. Any suggestions on what I should do next?

PM me any questions if you want specifics. Bear with me, as I'm new to this forum. I spend more time on watches than I do with fashion.

Thanks everyone!

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not 99% convinced. I’m 100% convinced. It’s a Fugazi. The paper tags are one big giveaway. But I think you put together a nice photo essay that can be built upon.

if it’s possible, return it. It’s a fake. Whether the seller knew it or not doesn’t matter. If you can’t, and it fits and you like it, then wear it. You could always give it to a charity.

AgileBeast

Reaction score
Hello, I'm wondering about these "Loewe" boots.. I live in Spain so there should be more Loewe stuff around but probably more fakes as well. I can't find them online even using the info on the box, and I'm not sure big brands use the sticker that's on the shoes tongue with the shoes composition. Let me know what you think, cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20201206_213649.jpg
    IMG_20201206_213649.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20201206_213658.jpg
    IMG_20201206_213658.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20201206_213822.jpg
    IMG_20201206_213822.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20201206_213735.jpg
    IMG_20201206_213735.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20201206_213809.jpg
    IMG_20201206_213809.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20201206_213847.jpg
    IMG_20201206_213847.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 55

Pulse

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Joined the forum just to post this. I purchased this BC vest last week from the 'bay and it was very convincing. I couldn't tell anything off from the slightly grainy photos posted given these details were very small, so I pulled the trigger before someone else would. The things I usually looked for checked out, and who in their right mind would make replicas for an understated brand?

Stock sold out quickly from this particular seller which goes to show how convincing they were. When I received it, I knew something was off. The biggest thing that stood out was the hangtag. I assumed that this was a factory second or something (does Cucinelli even have factory seconds?) given the low price. Despite this, the quality is surprisingly good. The vest is heavy and supple, the zippers are crisp, and the whimsical font of "Mr" and "Date" on the name tag were correct.

I've annotated a couple of pictures. Hope you all can confirm my suspicions.
View attachment 1510479
View attachment 1510480
View attachment 1510481
View attachment 1510482
View attachment 1510483
View attachment 1510484
View attachment 1510485

Conclusions:
- Cucinelli replicas are getting scary accurate now. There are some very minute details that you would not think a counterfeiter would even consider adding. It's only when you get them in hand that you realize.
- If I had no prior knowledge and this was my first piece from them, I would not question it at all. One downside of everything being hand-made is the small imperfections to be expected. As the Japanese say - wabi-sabi.
- Brands that are more ostentatious are the typical target for replicas, so I found it strange that these understated brands are being targeted too.

I'm 99% certain this vest is fake, and I hope the sharp eyes of this forum can confirm for me that last 1% of doubt. With that said, I am still unsure if this might be a factory second, making this entire post a false positive. A part of me refuses to believe that so much time and energy is invested into details for a brand not meant to "flex."

Like I said, it's only been a week. Any suggestions on what I should do next?

PM me any questions if you want specifics. Bear with me, as I'm new to this forum. I spend more time on watches than I do with fashion.

Thanks everyone!
Thank you for this post.
I mean, you got bamboozled, no doubt about it. But it's really appreciated that you share your experience and go into detail.

FPB

Reaction score
I’m not 99% convinced. I’m 100% convinced. It’s a Fugazi. The paper tags are one big giveaway. But I think you put together a nice photo essay that can be built upon.

if it’s possible, return it. It’s a fake. Whether the seller knew it or not doesn’t matter. If you can’t, and it fits and you like it, then wear it. You could always give it to a charity.

Did you buy from v-syndicate? This seller just changed their name (the old name escapes me at the moment), but the inventory is all fakes. And you can definitely return it since it's not as described (and you'll get your shipping refunded too).

HahaLmao

Reaction score
Did you buy from v-syndicate? This seller just changed their name (the old name escapes me at the moment), but the inventory is all fakes. And you can definitely return it since it's not as described (and you'll get your shipping refunded too).

I don't think they changed their name, but rather I believe they have alternate accounts. The other account's name is legendary_stuff.

As for the return I'm not sure if I want to gamble with the honesty of a counterfeit seller in offering a full refund. Furthermore, I think shipping counterfeits overseas, even if it's a reimbursed cost, is ill-advised. I'll give an update eventually on what I do. Thank you very much for the information!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics