• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
TBH I smell
spam[1].gif
here.

The OP has posted 9 times on SF with various designer branded garments been sold on Ebay, and every time the brand name is capitalised, e.g. GUCCI, DSQUARED.

wow... good catch!

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBH I smell
spam[1].gif
here.

The OP has posted 9 times on SF with various designer branded garments been sold on Ebay, and every time the brand name is capitalised, e.g. GUCCI, DSQUARED.

Why would he spam? Is this guy the seller of this Gucci jacket and wants it to get attention?

jabreal00

Reaction score
I have no clue if it's real. My guess is probably not. My only concern is why anyone would buy something so atrocious looking.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
Why would he spam? Is this guy the seller of this Gucci jacket and wants it to get attention?

Maybe. But it seems rather suspicious to me that he's only capitalised the designer brand and nothing else, in every post the OP has made regarding these Ebay auctions. A technique often used by the vendors of such auctions on Ebay. Also the OP has made no other posts on SF, except these Ebay 'is it genuine?' ones. Even the wording is very similar in all of the OP's posts, e.g. ' cancel the purchase or not?'.

It needn't be the vendor doing this, it be someone working for the vendor

Here's another clue that the post is Ebay sales
spam[1].gif
The OP wrote 'i orderd it,'. He couldn't possibly have ordered it as the auction is still open with zero bids.

andrew96

Reaction score
I don't know if it's the real deal, however I do know this:
That jacket screams "attention seeking insecure douche bag. It's low quality, if you want that type of jacket get Marmot or North Face, if you want a nice European wool coat go with the Italian designers, preferably not tacky ones like Gucci. Canali is the pista de resistance of Italian makers in my opinion.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liran
no! i orderd this jacket and paid directly through PAYPAL so he did for me discount! i ordered size 50. so what you say is it authentic ot not? this my last cahnce to cancel the order that's why i pressed
OK, it's almost certainly a counterfeit, so you'd better cancel the order. The vendor apparently has multiple items of the same new 'Gucci' jacket in various sizes, and is NOT an authorised Gucci retailer. BTW this is something I see a lot of here in China. BTW 'Original Certificate of Authenticity' means absolutely nothing, and is no proof whatsoever.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, it's almost certainly a counterfeit, so you'd better cancel the order. The vendor apparently has multiple items of the same new 'Gucci' jacket in various sizes,

I'm curious what you think happens to all the stuff that doesn't get sold by the retailers?

It may be a fake. Or it may be a jobber that bought a lot.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
I'm curious what you think happens to all the stuff that doesn't get sold by the retailers?
If it's luxury designer items, and they're not sold by the authorised discount outlet channels. It generally gets destroyed and recycled. Especially with stock which has a minimal manufacturing/materials cost, such as sportswear and casuals, e.g. the OP's 'GUCCI jacket'. A luxury company may sell a pair of sneakers or a tracksuit for $500-$1000 USD retail, the actual manufacturing/materials cost could be $30-$40 USD at the most. So the actual costs of writing-off unsold stock is minimal. Luxury companies such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Bulgari, Rolex, etc., are very particular about who sells their stuff. To try and keep it exclusive, to ensure what you're buying is indeed authentic, and to maintain a handsome profit of course.
Originally Posted by Nicola
It may be a fake. Or it may be a jobber that bought a lot.
Yes the jobber bought a lot from China. As you probably know, China produces millions of counterfeit goods. There is a lot more fake Gucci, than there is the real thing. Much of it ends up on Ebay. Although this 'GUCCI jacket' Ebay auction appeared to be in Germany, I bet the thing one actually receives comes from Shanghai or Shenzhen or whatever.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was looking for a place to buy moncler online and I came upon this site http://www.monclershop2011.com/ and I was wondering if this kind of stuff looked legit, its all from past seasons I think because its all bought from overstock and such. I'm fairly ashamed to ask this because I do consulting work for a business that does similar work. Cheers

alphaO888

Reaction score
You should take one for the team and order one =)

They're probably fake.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Style_is_eternal
Hey everyone, I was looking for a place to buy moncler online and I came upon this site http://www.monclershop2011.com/ and I was wondering if this kind of stuff looked legit, its all from past seasons I think because its all bought from overstock and such. I'm fairly ashamed to ask this because I do consulting work for a business that does similar work. Cheers

you'd look like a eskimo in one of those things!!

CrystalCrunch

Reaction score

goldencs

Reaction score
Specifically, in the white cuff label, there is no "Made in Italy". Is that normal?

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spam[1].gif
but that eBay seller does not generally sell knock offs. It only says Armani made in Italy if the item is actually made in Italy. If not, you have Armani white label and somewhere else in jacket will say Made in Turkey or Made on Mars or whatever... BTW - that coat is probably old so if you bought it, you overpaid

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads