Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ebmk3891, Nov 10, 2010.

1. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

^^^^

Excess production, seconds or rejects from the factory possibly. I've seen a lot of PRL like that, always good quality, sometimes tags and labels removed or defaced though, which is what can happen with seconds. Bought a job lot of RL polo shirts like that last summer in Shenzhen.

The contractor that makes them for RL are supposed to destroy anything that fails to meet specs, but they don't usually. So they might end up on Ebay or whatever. Sometimes they'll go on making more than what the client ordered and just sell them out the back door.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. desiree21

desiree21 New Member

Hi. Im desiree here in milan italy. I saw ur post of the zegna coat. It really looks like a fake one. Ive been working for international retail luxury brands for 4yrs and i must say that the ermenergildo zegna is the 1stline and one of the top finest brands when it comes to the classic type of luxury clothes. The stiches and tags looks so cheap the one that u have. The botton is not the original one.. sorry but u really bougth the fake one.

3. wojt

wojt Senior member

Is this some old Hawick tag or fake?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  4. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Hawick is the name of the town where some cashmere knitwear companies are based. Don't think that's going to be faked. Does it feel like cashmere? Should be OK then. Famous brands like Pringle or Lyle & Scott are much likely to be faked.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  5. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Hey Mike, when will you be updating your tumblr?

6. BuryMeInMyFoams

BuryMeInMyFoams New Member

Versace jacket thrift store find real or fake?

AI recently bought this jacket at a thrift store for 5 dollars and i would like to know if this is the real deal. In my opinion i think its fake but theres so many different versions of versace brand. Never owned versace products, i am new to this.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

If thats all on one jacket, its fake.

8. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

I've never seen a Gianni Versace label with a Versace Jeans label...

9. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

10. jpparker88

jpparker88 New Member

11. Purple Label

Purple Label Member

I have been searching for a professional to case to keep my business cards in while travelling. The Louis Vuitton store yielded few results; cases that resembled something I wanted were covered in their signature monogram pattern, which is what I wanted to avoid. I was delighted to find this card holder on E bay for an extremely reasonable price, less than 1/10 of what I was expecting to spend for something similar.

Even if this card holder is not genuine, I still plan to keep it since it is the only one I found that was the size and style I needed. I simply need to know if this is authentic so that, in the future, if I decide to sell it or give it away, I can accurately describe its authenticity. Thank you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Louis-Vuitt...kOvhex3lev07EaK%2FiEE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

12. tomee

tomee Senior member

wondering if anyone can confirm this CDG play tee is legit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. gerbilunit

gerbilunit Senior member

14. Camilo

Camilo Well-Known Member

Real Borrelli or not? Everything looked OK to me but then I saw the typo on the little manual pinned to the sweater, "according to business rules, there is non [bolded error] chance to get a lot paying a little". Not sure if authentic but I don't have any other to compare it to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Roger Mellie

Roger Mellie Well-Known Member

Bought this Yves Saint Laurent jacket. I am suspicious because of the low quality of the metal used for the zipper. Also, the labels on the inside have some Chinese company and writing which is obviously weird. The rest of the jacket seems to be of a very good quality including the material which feels like a very soft cashmere wool.

Is this a Chinese high quality fake made for the Chinese market??

The labels would indicate that it might be. I can't see that Yves Saint Laurent would be making jackets in China for a chinese market with these labels in?? :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]