• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Additional photos

I hope you didn't actually buy a Kiton Vicuna jacket when uncertain of authenticity. But it's real- I'm pretty sure the handsewn kiton is sort of akin to Cifonelli's signature in their lining. But that handwork looks spot on, all the tags look fine etc...

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this Kiton jacket fake or authentic? I have never seen hand stitched Kiton logo on the jacket
Real. I hope you didn't buy that thing if you were honestly questioning its authenticity, that'd be one hell of an expensive mistake.

The Bleeb

Reaction score

I want to pick this up. Waste is too big, but it'll be worth the tailoring costs if real. What do you think? Thanks.

div25sec9

Reaction score

What do you guys think?
Looks genuine, but old. Gucci ties (even very recent) don't command a lot of money used, so don't spend too much.
I want to pick this up. Waste is too big, but it'll be worth the tailoring costs if real. What do you think? Thanks.
Looks genuine, but Oxxford is a brand that isn't too expensive used. If tailoring is going to cost a lot, wait around for one that's a better fit.

The Bleeb

Reaction score
Looks genuine, but old. Gucci ties (even very recent) don't command a lot of money used, so don't spend too much.
Looks genuine, but Oxxford is a brand that isn't too expensive used. If tailoring is going to cost a lot, wait around for one that's a better fit.
The tailoring would only be taking in the waist by 2".

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where I live, that usually costs 20-30 bucks.

TimNguyen

Reaction score
Real or Fake Thom Browne Shirt
So I just purchased a TB shirt off ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151190115074?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I am curious if it is real or fake because this is my first Thom shirt I own. All of my other thom stuff I have ordered from retailers that I trust.

Here is an imgur album with the shirt

http://imgur.com/a/Tgk6D

As far as I can tell the buttons are real MOP.

The problem is the TB tag near the bottom looks too close to the placket and feels kind of plasticy. Also the inside tag says "Made in USA". Isn't all TB made in Japan now except for their MTM stuff? (I mean that could make this shirt from 2009 or something)

For a size 0 the shoulders measure 16.75 or so if that helps.

Thanks for the help.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just purchased a TB shirt off ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151190115074?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I am curious if it is real or fake because this is my first Thom shirt I own. All of my other thom stuff I have ordered from retailers that I trust.

Here is an imgur album with the shirt

http://imgur.com/a/Tgk6D

As far as I can tell the buttons are real MOP.

The problem is the TB tag near the bottom looks too close to the placket and feels kind of plasticy. Also the inside tag says "Made in USA". Isn't all TB made in Japan now except for their MTM stuff? (I mean that could make this shirt from 2009 or something)

For a size 0 the shoulders measure 16.75 or so if that helps.

Thanks for the help.

Looks real.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads