• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Nous

Reaction score
It feels like it, but I'm only going by the "instructional threads." OK, thanks.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit late to be asking now! Buyer's remorse kicking in?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canali looks real.

But that fabric is just plain butt ass UGLY

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just purchased a Canali from eBay and I'm wondering if you can confirm the authenticity of this suit. It looks great, but I'm paranoid since it's my first time purchasing off of eBay. Also, how can I determine it myself moving forward? Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving (and Hannukah, for those that observe the holiday)!
What about this one?

Hey guys . My uncle gave for my birthday a Gucci Tshirt and I want to see if this tshir is real or fake
Hi!
Can someone tell me if this sweater is authentic?

Thanks in advance
I just bought a pre-owned Brioni suit (Augusto model) from ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171141537480#ht_9938wt_1101.

The lining and labels all look right, and the seller is a Top Seller Plus with a great rating (27593). However, I noticed there are no buttonholes on the sleeves -- so they're just faux buttons.

Does this mean that it is a fake Brioni?
Real. I know the seller.

soundnin

Reaction score
2 items for the experts on here:

1) Burberry London Herringbone Wool Topcoat - can't find an example of a single breasted 3 button Burberry London topcoat anywhere, so was just wondering

2) Giorgio Armani Le Collezioni 100% Wool Topcoat - can't find anything similar to this one either, but I am assuming this one is pretty old if real

Thanks in advance.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Armani looks real, but is old.

Don't know about the Burberry. But it has the newer tags.

BlackOUT

Reaction score
Based on the pictures, the jacket seems legit. The one you have appears to be a winter version, versus the summer version that you typically see. Since Belstaff changed hands I don't believe they make the winter version anymore.

I personally own a summer version and have been looking for a winter version for awhile so looks like you got a great pick. The winter version has a corded collar and heavier, I believe 8oz whereas the summer has the moleskin and lighter 6oz cotton. The previous commenter was correct the summer also has more of a sheen to it, whereas the winter is has a matte finish similar to traditional Barbour jackets, eg Bedale.

LRichards

Reaction score
Denko - don't mind me asking but why do you think it might be fake?

I have a streetmaster and looked a lot at Belstaff before buying (streetmaster has the inner gilet as well). it was shiny when new but as the wax starts to wear in and settle down it goes really nice matt, plus you don't want wax rubbing off on nice leather upholstery etc.

If you share your concern directly it may be easier to help and ease your mind

Pawz

Reaction score
REMOVE

Last edited:

hoods94

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Won this Hermes tie - was hoping someone could give me the OK before I send them the payment through.

EBAY AUCTION

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads