1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ebmk3891, Nov 10, 2010.

1. marblehouse

marblehouse Senior member

Cross-post from the ID thread:

Trousers by Kiton, but the fabric tag for the trousers seems more like Isaia...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Looks real, albeit slightly dated.

3. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Does look like Isaia... never seen a fabric tag like that for Kiton - Kiton usually uses a fabric tag that is much smaller.

4. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

They look real to me!

+1 Definitely real, but old. The inner-pocket tag says it's deadstock from the 1980s or 1990s. Certainly nothing inherently wrong with that, but it's probably been sitting in someone's storage warehouse for quite a few years.

5. tjkili

tjkili New Member

Thanks for the quick response. I don't really mind if the coat is dated and thought myself that it might have been a shelf warmer...I think the guys in the store had absolutely no clue what they were selling....anyways for 26 EUR you can hardly go wrong :)

6. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Certainly not! I've seen that happen before...stores that sell off their old stock to discounters or simply bring out things for sales. If it looks good and fits well, it's a steal!

7. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

:D Saw a pair of them yesterday at the supermarket.

1 person likes this.
  8. stefanie

stefanie New Member

Authentic Hermes?????????????
    Can you tell me anybody is this hermes day
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

l planner the real deal purchased on Ebay around 2004 from "hermes goddess"
    please help, figure this one out
    thanks, Stefanie

9. Derrick Aud

Derrick Aud New Member

Zegna ties - authentic? (updated w/ close-up photos)
    Just curious what everyone thought about the Zegnas this guy is selling, or if anyone has done business with him before. I ordered one from him, but the label seems a little off, and it was shipped in a plastic sleeve with a Zegna logo that looked to have been printed pretty sloppily.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/195-Ermeneg...918494560?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item1e7b59b160

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edit: Here are some photos of the tie I purchased. Any thoughts? Thanks again for any help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  10. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Edit-nvm. Spoo says it is real so it is real.

11. deveandepot1

Then again he has been an eBay member since 2004 and has 12000+ feedback.
    If you really want this tie contact him and get the facts.

12. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

The look real.... real old :happy:

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Real deal holyfield.

14. deveandepot1

Trust this guy.

15. Derrick Aud

Derrick Aud New Member

Yeah they are obviously not anything that came out recently, but I do really like the pattern of the one I purchased. It's definitely silk and has a nice thickness and heft. I'm just a little paranoid about authenticity since I lived in China for a while and saw the amount of counterfeiting that goes on there (luckily, this tie didn't come directly from there). The price was fair for what appears to be a quality silk tie, but I'm still curious if it's a fake. Just trying to figure out if I should demand a refund or if it looks authentic enough to hang onto.

@deveanddepot: I contacted the seller to ask for a few details and tell him the concerns I had; I guess I'll see what he says and if it's believable enough. Like you said, he does have great feedback, and there weren't any complaints about counterfeit items, which is why I bought it in the first place.

EDIT: Scooped. Thanks for the help SpooPoker. If you don't mind me asking, what should I be looking for that makes you sure it's authentic? Thanks again; I really appreciate it!

16. deveandepot1

I just searched my inbox, it looks like I bought a Macy's house brand tie from them years ago.
    I don't remember it being fake.

I hope that helps a little.

17. Derrick Aud

Derrick Aud New Member

@deveanddepot: I trust you guys more than I trust myself; I don't have a ton of experience with Zegna. If Spoo thinks it's real, and you've had a good experience with the seller in the past, that's good enough for me. Thanks again for the reply!

18. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Agree with others - the Zegna tie looks real, but old. That logo hasn't been used for quite a few years but if you like the tie, if it's in good condition and is a reasonable width, then go for it.

19. nerdoldnerdith

nerdoldnerdith Active Member

20. Istoard

Istoard New Member

YSL jacket on eBay- real or fake?
    Dear all,

I've just purchased a Yves Saint Laurent jacket from eBay, but now after reading online about the prevalence of fakes on eBay, I'm feeling less confident about its authenticity.

The item is listed here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENS-YVES...skQXyHOBiqE88%2FHBa14%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The seller has perfect feedback for over 600 listings (bar one case, who claimed his purchase was fake), but I was wondering if it was possible for anyone here to give their opinions.
    A speedy answer would be much appreciated, as I have not yet paid for the item. Should I ask for further photographs for clarification?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013