• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

thefashion

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I made this account so I could ask help to authenticate a vintage Burberry trench coat that I just bought.
Here are some sample photos, mostly I think it checks out as being a vintage one, but some detail feel a bit sloppy to be honest. Please tell me what so you think and why.
Best regards, Ben
Vintage, real to me, mid 1980s, even though the tags look blurred, back in the day QC was shit.

AdaminPhilly

Reaction score
I am trying to get a picture of any inside tag as well. I am concerned that this is not legit Zegna or its Zegna Z. I see there is a Z on the tag but I dont know what the Italian abbreviation means above.

booboojohnson

Reaction score
In the market for a pair of Scafora shoes. The soles on these differ from everyone I have ever seen. They don't have the crest. Are these real? They are a good deal and in my size.

Attachments

haloitsme

Reaction score
In the market for a pair of Scafora shoes. The soles on these differ from everyone I have ever seen. They don't have the crest. Are these real? They are a good deal and in my size.
Shamless plug, I sell / sold some of these.
100% real, Scafora has differnt series; stores/boutiques can order what they believe need for the customers.
They need hand-welted in super expensive leather -> they produce. The need classics -> they produce.

I also had Scafora made shoes for differnt brands, all vary. Just make sure you know the last and check sizing.

Last edited:

booboojohnson

Reaction score
Shamless plug, I sell / sold some of these.
100% real, Scafora has differnt series; stores/boutiques can order what they believe need for the customers.
They need hand-welted in super expensive leather -> they produce. The need classics -> they produce.

I also had Scafora made shoes for differnt brands, all vary. Just make sure you know the last and check sizing.
are they the same quality? are they still hand welted?

pananave

Reaction score
Hello to everybody!
I bought Corneliani ID jacket from reseller, and it seems good quality. But, I saw other labels/etiquette on the internet and there are some differences. I am not sure if they produce them outside Italy. This one was made in Turkey. Does anybody have some experience? I will appreciate any help.
Best regards

Attachments

fetez

Reaction score
Zilli suits are made by Pal Zileri and the "old" ones have "old" Pal Zileri tags and the new ones "new" Pal Zileri tags. I don't think they are handmade but all of them have mother of pearl buttons and real silk lining (at least partially). That said, here: tag, lining and buttons looks authentic

Largih

Reaction score
saw an ad for this pre owned Montblanc bag and was wondering if you guys think it’s real?

Attachments

yukojun

Reaction score
I bought this Loro Piana coat in Japan and the seller told me this coat is a sample. I want to make sure whether this coat is a real Loro Piana coat and what year was it manufactured?
b07253.jpeg
b0725b.jpeg
b0725a.jpeg
b07259.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdfssfgfhgf