1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ebmk3891, Nov 10, 2010.

1. dankim726

dankim726 Active Member

Burberry London For Japan? Authenticate please!

AHi all,

I am pretty good at authenticating however this item is troubling me. I know Burberry has a Japan line (blue / black labels) but I have never heard of burberry London "for Japan" or a "Burberry London Japan."

The coat looks of excellent quality and the logo and button details are immaculate (following the rat tail Rs etc.)

Any input would be great!

Here are pics in the link!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=390585852651&cmd=VIDESC

Thanks!!

2. dankim726

dankim726 Active Member

3. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

4. dankim726

dankim726 Active Member

Hi all,

I am pretty good at authenticating however this item is troubling me. I know Burberry has a Japan line (blue / black labels) but I have never heard of burberry London "for Japan" or a "Burberry London Japan."

The coat looks of excellent quality and the logo and button details are immaculate (following the rat tail Rs etc.)

Here are pics in the link!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=390585852651&cmd=VIDESC

Thanks!!

5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

6. dankim726

dankim726 Active Member

Thanks! Any additional input welcomed and appreciated!

I am not sure if there is a difference between Burberry London and Burberry London Japan... To my knowledge I think they are one of the same except that the Japan line is commissioned solely to be produced in Japan? Nonetheless, I would imagine that the tier or level of recognition as "Burberry London" is the same in both cases? What do you think?

I couldn't find any of the pictures of this jacket other than that on ebay etc. Either this jacket is really rare or the Japan line does not have any photo shoots/runway presentations of their pieces..?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  7. Curioser

Curioser New Member

Hi there,

Thanks for replying. I am sure the fabric is genuine too. I was concerned about the shirt because the buttons were plastic etc. However i have seen quite a few of these vintage shirts now with the plastic buttons and they are the Gianni Versace ones so i'm pretty sure it is the real deal. Have listed it on ebay now and have quite a few watchers so shall wait and see if i get any offers or further info.

Thanks again

8. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

I am not the best expert on these things. I am certain about this piece, because I have seen it at Off 5th and they don't sell fakes. I hope that helps.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This is real. Its an original, 1991 "Buffalo Bill" Sitting Indian shirt, quite coveted amongst collectors. It retailed at over $1800 or so, and should be eBay valued (depending on condition, gender, and size) at about $400. Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  10. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Damn and they already have it up for £599.

11. MB81

MB81 New Member

12. dbvine

dbvine Member

Hello,

I need help in determining the authenticity of these Burberry sunglasses and Louis Vuitton belt.

Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

^what's the asking price?

I am not sure about the belt since china stepped up their game with those LV belts. Ask the seller about the age and maybe a receipt or at least where he bought it.
    The sunglasses should be fine, usually those stickers on the last picture are not on the packaging of fake sunglasses.

1 person likes this.
  14. dbvine

dbvine Member

2 different sellers. The seller for the belt is asking 250, no receipt. I'll have to ask where he got it. He's also selling other LV and Fendi belts.

15. dbvine

dbvine Member

^He said no receipt since it was a gift from about 2-3 months ago. I'll probably just stay away.

1 person likes this.
  16. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I think that's a wise move. I've seen 2 people wearing that exact same belt (just with the black/grey colour combo) in London in the last 2-3 weeks. One of the guys that bought it told me he got it in camden town... That should say it all really.

1 person likes this.
  17. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Wise idea - not only is it possibly a fake, as the LV logo stuff is probably faked more than any other designer good, but (whilst knowing that taste is subjective) it just looks tacky as all hell.

Furthermore, don't forget that the LV logo stuff isn't leather - it's actually fabric covered with a printed, rubberised layer. Of course, the belt has leather backing, but I'm not at all sure that it will be as durable as a good leather belt, which you can get for half as much as that awful LV logo belt.

1 person likes this.
  18. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

FTFY

19. Gq888

Gq888 New Member

Is my versace jean jacket fake?
    Hi, I just recently bought a jacket from a well known store that carries high end brand. I bought a versace jean jacket but there's only 2 tags. The care tag and the certilogo tag. I've already tried to use the CLG code on it but the site isn't able to tell if its real or fake. The care tag shows that the jacket is made in P.R.C. I am wondering if the versace jean line could be made in china also? Please get back to me asap as I only have 7 days to return it. Thanks

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  20. Millerp

Millerp Senior member

A well known high end store will not likely sell fakes.
    Do you like the jacket? Does it fit you? That's all
    that matters. A lot of top designers have their
    clothes made in China these days. They are made
    to the designer specs. Made in China does not
    necessarily equate to fakes or poor quality.
    If you like the jacket, keep it but if you have any
    doubts or are unhappy with the quality, return it.

1 person likes this.