• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Pertinnax

Reaction score
Looks like a small independent tailor using LP fabric
Yup. Seems like it. What has me skeptical of the quality of construction, though, is the price this individual is selling it for: 19 euros. Let's assume the quality is at least decent/good. Why would someone sell it for so little? It doesn't look like it has defects either.

volcanotristate

Reaction score
Yup. Seems like it. What has me skeptical of the quality of construction, though, is the price this individual is selling it for: 19 euros. Let's assume the quality is at least decent/good. Why would someone sell it for so little? It doesn't look like it has defects either.
Orphan suit coat from unknown tailor, Mabye.
My tailor is unknown to probably everyone here but he does excellent work so don’t be afraid because it doesn’t have a Zegna (etc) label. If you like it get it.

Pertinnax

Reaction score
Orphan suit coat from unknown tailor, Mabye.
My tailor is unknown to probably everyone here but he does excellent work so don’t be afraid because it doesn’t have a Zegna (etc) label. If you like it get it.
You're absolutely right about that. It's also not like I'm paying an ungodly amount. Thank you for your take!

notdos

Reaction score
Yes, unknown maker and orphaned suit coat. Not really good for much, imho.

Casaubon

Reaction score
You're absolutely right about that. It's also not like I'm paying an ungodly amount. Thank you for your take!
IMO the price isn't necessarily an indicator of quality or label legitimacy on the second hand market. If the seller is unaware of what they're selling, e.g. wife selling off husband's clothes, then you might end up paying very little. For instance, I managed to find a brown wool-silk-linen sport coat from Canali for $5. Beautiful detailing, not at all outdated. In good condition, except for the broken buttons on one sleeve, which were easily replaceable.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello gents, I recently bought this thom browne off of Mecari for my girlfriend but I am not sure if it is real or not. The price was decent around $68 so I don't mind if it ends up being fake. But please help cause I'm not sure if it is fake or not.
I'm guessing legit because I don't see anything the sets off alarm bells, but for a legit check you always need to include close up pics of all inner labels.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell if these Jacob Cohen jeans look legit, if they know Jacob Cohen denim well?

Or this one from same seller (apparently the last one).

The tags seem legit, and a lot of the details (including the little cloth bag with stone/pebble in it). But the pics seem to hide the specific "number" on the horsehair tag, for what are supposed to be "limited edition".

Also, it says Italian Fabrics. Whereas any I bought (all more recent) say Japanese Fabrics.

Also, do Jacob Cohen jeans come in that white plastic bag? I've only ever bought them from Harry Rosen before, and they are already taken out of packaging there.

The "pocket square/hankerchief" seems cheap, in pic example. Seems like they use same pictures for listings of this same color.

Buyer has good feedback, but that doesn't mean much on Ebay.

Markboots

Reaction score
Anyone have any eBay sellers for prescription sunglasses frames they recommend? I like Thom Browne style as an example. Titanium frames and round lens style and not flashy. Since I will be putting Rx lens would like quality and not knock offs and wasnt sure if there were vendors people have had success with.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members