• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you please explain what makes you think so?
Tags aren’t Brioni and you can find 1000’s of these in ebay from Eastern Europe and Turkey and even India. You’ll find this same coat with kiton tags or stefano ricci tags all from the same sellers

David27

Reaction score
Tags aren’t Brioni and you can find 1000’s of these in ebay from Eastern Europe and Turkey and even India. You’ll find this same coat with kiton tags or stefano ricci tags all from the same sellers
Thanks for a response! So the tags are the only concern? I've gone through ebay and didn't find anything looking the same, would be great if you could leave a link. I just don't get it, if they're making such high end fakes, why get so easily caught on obviously fake tags?

haloitsme

Reaction score
Yep,
As I also told some pages ago, only the brands can exactly tell you if that model in that model number ever existed. I also found out, you can look at the buttons and tell about 70% if fake or not.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Thanks for a response! So the tags are the only concern? I've gone through ebay and didn't find anything looking the same, would be great if you could leave a link. I just don't get it, if they're making such high end fakes, why get so easily caught on obviously fake tags?
Give the Link where you want to buy...

David27

Reaction score
Give the Link where you want to buy...
Just anupdate: I met with the seller and get my hands on the coat. It's indeed a fake, outer shell feels very cheap, the print even starts to crack if you flex the leather. If it's leather. Guys thanks for your suggestions.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason the text accompanying the above pictures didnt post.
At any rate, as long as we’re on the subject of Brioni coats…I found the above one in a local thrift. Real or fake?

Last edited:

kenne221

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to buy a leather jacket from ebay. I was wondering whether anyone had any indication whether these items are real.

1) Brioni: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/294463112311 looks authentic to me and the seller has some other items and history.
2) Kiton: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/224656251300 the seller also has a history however the jacket the seller has 2 sizes which isn't an outright red flag but does raise a question.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to buy a leather jacket from ebay. I was wondering whether anyone had any indication whether these items are real.

1) Brioni: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/294463112311 looks authentic to me and the seller has some other items and history.
2) Kiton: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/224656251300 the seller also has a history however the jacket the seller has 2 sizes which isn't an outright red flag but does raise a question.
what could be so off? I mean, one item is shipping from Ukraine and the other from Turkey.

haloitsme

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.