• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Lycko

Reaction score
Hi!
I recently bought a red gloverall duffle coat from ebay but I was wondering about its authenticity, since it has another label then modern day duffle coats and also has what I believe a herringbone partern to it. I have not sen this feature on another duffle coat from gloverall. The material itself is stated to be 100% wool. I was wondering If someone could tell me more about when it was probably produced and/or if it is the real deal. I have taken some pictures on the coat itself and labels inside to help in the matter. Grateful for all the help I can get!

Attachments

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend got this recently, would anyone know if this is an authentic older Dunhill polo shirt? The pique cotton weaver is smaller than typical polo shirts, but the cotton is also harder and stiffer. Curious why the wash tag is in Chinese but apparently that is what shirts in the store have.

Does anyone have an opinion on the quality of Dunhill polo shirts?

DSC00380.JPG
DSC00381.JPG
DSC00382.JPG
DSC00383.JPG
DSC00384.JPG
DSC00389.JPG
DSC00396.JPG
DSC00402.JPG
DSC00405.JPG
DSC00409.JPG
DSC00411.JPG
DSC00414.JPG
DSC00418.JPG

FerX

Reaction score
Hello, can you please help me determinate if an Instagram reseller is trying to sell me a counterfeit Canada Goose Explorer jacket? Thanks.

Attachments

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldnt find any similar Coat with similar Buberry Tag online and was curious about it.
the Burberry label and tags have changed over the years though this one looks to be of somewhat recent vintage. Sure, it could be fake but if it is, it’s a damned good one.

As a rule, just assume anything online unless from Burberry itself or an authorized retailer is fake, unless you don’t find evidence for it when looking at the posted pics.

This looks legit.

Kenlin1994

Reaction score
the Burberry label and tags have changed over the years though this one looks to be of somewhat recent vintage. Sure, it could be fake but if it is, it’s a damned good one.

As a rule, just assume anything online unless from Burberry itself or an authorized retailer is fake, unless you don’t find evidence for it when looking at the posted pics.

This looks legit.
When i receive it in a five days i ll post more Pictures of this coat here. Thank you

Kenlin1994

Reaction score

This looks legit.
Got it from Vestiaire Collective official Departement from Paris.

Screenshot_20210809-220547.jpg

Pandaros

Reaction score
My God, I was so confused. I didn't realise there were two separate threads about the two same things with one of the OPs posting in the other OP's thread with the pictures from his own thread.

I though I'd gone into the twilight zone for a moment.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.