• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seller claims that they've not been used more than a few times.
Does lobb use this kind of heels or all lobb's are J L heel?
I don’t know. I doubt someone would knock off John Lobb.

Judging by the wear, I seriously doubt they were worn only a few times. They’re not in bad shape, but have definitely been worn.

To assume they are fake is to assume someone would go through the trouble of getting a John Lobb embossed foot bed, forge the interior markings and try to pass off a pair of used shoes as something they are not.

HoratiuS

Reaction score
I don’t know. I doubt someone would knock off John Lobb.

Judging by the wear, I seriously doubt they were worn only a few times. They’re not in bad shape, but have definitely been worn.

To assume they are fake is to assume someone would go through the trouble of getting a John Lobb embossed foot bed, forge the interior markings and try to pass off a pair of used shoes as something they are not.
I've checked the John Lobb website and Philip II heels were exactly like the one in the picture.
I don't think they are fake but there's a serious surge of interest for John Lobb in China according to Google trends and they have good shoemaker who can fake anything. John Lobb prestige and price tag seems to be the attracting factor.
For example these seem to be total fakes. I have original warwicks I can tell.

And for the Philip II that I've posted here do you think that $300 is a fair price for them?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've checked the John Lobb website and Philip II heels were exactly like the one in the picture.
I don't think they are fake but there's a serious surge of interest for John Lobb in China according to Google trends and they have good shoemaker who can fake anything. John Lobb prestige and price tag seems to be the attracting factor.
For example these seem to be total fakes. I have original warwicks I can tell.

And for the Philip II that I've posted here do you think that $300 is a fair price for them?
I don’t buy used shoes and the idea of paying that much for something that was on someone else’s feet isn’t something I could offer an opinion on.

They are black cap toe balmorals. Nothing special really expect the brand.

HoratiuS

Reaction score
I don’t buy used shoes and the idea of paying that much for something that was on someone else’s feet isn’t something I could offer an opinion on.

They are black cap toe balmorals. Nothing special really expect the brand.
I agree.

stylistic7

Reaction score
1624404397187.png

1624404420585.png

I don't think I've ever seen Fendi's labels like that except for holograms on their bags. Apparently it was from their collection more than a decade ago. Is it authentic?

Casaubon

Reaction score
This is allegedly a used Corneliani suit sold for extremely cheap money (around $40). However, with a tag that literally says "CORNELIONI", is there at all a possibility this could be authentic? The reason I'm wondering is the fabric, really: super 140's wool and 100% cupro for the lining?

This is something I wouldn't expect from a fake. But maybe I'm wrong? Do fakes also invest in more expensive fabrics? Or do they simply lie about this like they lie about the maker?

Plus, that whole zip pocket looks super cheap to me.

Attachments

jazerad

Reaction score
This is allegedly a used Corneliani suit sold for extremely cheap money (around $40). However, with a tag that literally says "CORNELIONI", is there at all a possibility this could be authentic? The reason I'm wondering is the fabric, really: super 140's wool and 100% cupro for the lining?

This is something I wouldn't expect from a fake. But maybe I'm wrong? Do fakes also invest in more expensive fabrics? Or do they simply lie about this like they lie about the maker?

Plus, that whole zip pocket looks super cheap to me.
That is definitely fake. I don't know who goes through all the trouble relatively unknown brands.

Casaubon

Reaction score
Who goes through all the trouble with the fabric composition and then blatantly screws up the brand name, that's the mystery. I mean, why not go all the way?

poouis

Reaction score
Hello! I am looking online for a authentic Burberry trench coat and came across this listing: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1037058932/vintage-burberry-classic-trench-coat?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=authentic+burberry+trenchcoat+38&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1&frs=1&cns=1.
It is authenticated but I would like to hear other people's opinion and thoughts as this seller does not have any reviews at the moment. Thank you for your time.

poouis

Reaction score
Who goes through all the trouble with the fabric composition and then blatantly screws up the brand name, that's the mystery. I mean, why not go all the way?
Are you referring to the S? If so, that's is exactly what I though too. Someone linked me to this website saying that Burberry went as Burberrys until 1999 (https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/burberrys/).

But if you are referring to the inaccuracy of the tag itself I do not know much about Burberry to distinguish between real and fake tags.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to the S? If so, that's is exactly what I though too. Someone linked me to this website saying that Burberry went as Burberrys until 1999 (https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/burberrys/).

But if you are referring to the inaccuracy of the tag itself I do not know much about Burberry to distinguish between real and fake tags.
I don’t think he was responding to your post. Look at the date.

poouis

Reaction score

SORRY!! I don't know how to use this website. Please forgive me lol. Carry on have a great day.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.