• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woooowwww so much money for no handwork, mediokre cotton quality. Iam guessing they have a lot of sales running.
450$ that is almost Kiton Price Levels
As far as I know they never put staple items like that shirt on sale. Thom Browne is a designer label. You pay for the label.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the quality is anything like the OCBD’s I have from BB Black Fleece then it’s a good product. Of course, I bought mine for around $60 each on close out. I could never imagine spending that kind of money on a shirt.

Pulse

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Hope you're all well.

New to the forum and loving all the content so far!! ✌

Please do let me know if this question does not belong here, I just saw similar questions regarding authenticity of items on here and thought it should be okay if I asked something similar. Once again, please do advise if there are any concerns/issues.

Getting to the question, I found this Thom Browne shirt at a thrift store down here in Melbourne, Australia. When I brought it back home and had a proper look, it just didn't feel authentic and like an actual $700 shirt, but I may be totally wrong. I would greatly appreciate your input here to decipher if it's an authentic piece or not and why or why not you think that is.

Thank you! 🙏
As others mentioned, stitching and tags looks ok to me!
Quality wise, well it's another story. Only you can feel the product and compare with high end stuff you have or might come accross!

Rockin21

Reaction score
Hi! I was given these from an acquaintance awhile ago. She didn’t know anything about them/where the previous owner had gotten them from. They are too long/ and also a little large in the waist band for me. I considered altering them at home, but I would hate to ruin them if they are authentic/real Versace. I am assuming they are not, because of the threading on the sizing label. Thank you in advance for looking at them! 9802C716-FAD7-4909-836F-7F7D621F8A9F.jpeg0055FE15-EC44-434E-8817-A72082FBBDD8.jpeg7401437B-68F7-4D37-9348-520BC84DC0FA.jpeg729A075D-C20D-41A3-8693-720FFE9B0B97.jpeg

Nickd

Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about ‘ruining’ them by having them tailored, they’re mid range jeans, not top end. I haven’t owned a pair in about 15 years so I can’t confirm whether they are genuine for definite, but the interior label looks right.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.