• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Nickd

Reaction score
No on both. They haven’t even printed the logos straight. The jacket has made an effort on the labels, but the stitching is terrible so I’m going to say fake.

volcanotristate

Reaction score
Based on the "Non Shatnez" tag the previous owner was probably Jewish and The mixture of wool and linen is prohibited by the bible (leviticus 19:19 according to Wikipedia)
Just out of curiosity, wouldn’t the lining need removed as well?

lurkertillnow

Reaction score
Hello! I have a pair of RLPL jeans and I'm hoping they're authentic.

Would anyone like to share their thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

rob g

Reaction score
Hi I was just curious for some second and third opinions on the authenticity of this GANT Jacket label. To me the stitching and label seem a bit poor quality. So i got suspicious.
View attachment 1587656
But when i looked for other GANT labels i on the web, i came across similar quality labels. But it was not clear to me if those were genuine or fake. I even found even found pictures of several labels with exactly the same numbers, on completely different items.
RN0101293 CA04754.
examples are:
View attachment 1587657View attachment 1587658
The other labels on the last picture look better quality, but to me it was weird that they use the same numbers there.
So basically my questions can be split up on your opinion of authenticity of the label of the first picture? and maybe the meaning of these numbers..
Thanks
Is Gant known for being faked? Doesn't seem like a popular enough brand for anyone to bother faking it, but I could be mistaken.

lurkertillnow

Reaction score
I don’t see anything that suggests they’re not. Did you have a particular concern?
Thanks for your quick observation again! I guess it's just a general concern given that RLPLs often get duped (at least in my impression), and seeing how other RLPL jeans I find online have a different looking care and/or size tags.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick observation again! I guess it's just a general concern given that RLPLs often get duped (at least in my impression), and seeing how other RLPL jeans I find online have a different looking care and/or size tags.
those change over time so it might be an older model. The details look right; the leather patch on the back top right, etc.

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
Difficult to tell from the picture quality, but the label appears to match my navy suit (apart from the stitching around the edges):

30615AF6-D030-4E12-878B-D46338C11A7F.jpeg

I’m sure we have lots of resident experts on BB labelling, but based on the two Golden Fleece jackets I have it seems the labelling isn’t standard across the whole range. Here’s my other one:

B4DB2983-AA48-4B7D-B3FC-3E21BBBE9EA3.jpeg

AndrewST

Reaction score
Difficult to tell from the picture quality, but the label appears to match my navy suit (apart from the stitching around the edges):

View attachment 1591616

I’m sure we have lots of resident experts on BB labelling, but based on the two Golden Fleece jackets I have it seems the labelling isn’t standard across the whole range. Here’s my other one:

View attachment 1591617
Appears to be an identical label to the first picture but with different stitching, which is what concerned me. Sorry about poor pic quality; entirely my fault (zoomed in). Should I be concerned that there’s no classic V-pattern stitching?

Here’s another pic.

Attachments

Last edited:

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
Should I be concerned that there’s no classic V-pattern stitching?
I’m no expert, but not necessarily. The gold stitching is a standard addition as far as I know, but if this is a vintage piece it may have just come loose at some point and been replaced. It’s quite relaxed stitching and very easy to snag, and it seems to me that if someone were to go to the effort of faking a Golden Fleece suit they wouldn’t have skipped such an easy detail that would obviously give it away as fake.

The size label in your second photo perfectly matches the one in my suit, down to the spacing of the characters and the slightly skewed stitching around the edges, and the buttonhole is also identical.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy