• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who cares. You should not buy a new Hugo Boss jacket for that price.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I love Hugo Boss. And I'd pay 350 for a new jacket if I absolutely loved it. Otherwise, they generally aren't worth that much. So as a person with a bias towards HB...don't buy it.

Last edited:

jth1982

Reaction score
I appreciate everyones input as to whether or not I should buy a Hugo Boss jacket for a certain price but my question was not about whether or not I should buy it.

Is anyone willing to share their opinion as to the AUTHENTICITY OF THE JACKET?

Thanks.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The stitching of leather tab on the lining is pretty poor. However, Hugo Boss are not known for the quality of their garments so I will say it is probably authentic. I would baulk at that price, 100bucks max would be more sensible. I would search eBay and one of those jackets will come up soon enough for far cheaper.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I appreciate everyones input as to whether or not I should buy a Hugo Boss jacket for a certain price but my question was not about whether or not I should buy it.  

Is anyone willing to share their opinion as to the AUTHENTICITY OF THE JACKET?  

Thanks.

Would you mind embedding the pictures in your post so I can see them in my browser. I'm too lazy to download a load of attachments to my own PC.

Last edited:

jth1982

Reaction score
Thanks! I read about things to watch for with the Hugo Boss orange line. The zipper pulls should have the words "hugo boss" etched into them and these are blurred in all the pics. Also, there is no visible small "hugo boss orange" emblem on the side of the jacket. I asked the buyer if they would mind posting pics of these items 4 days ago and I have heard no response. They were pretty eager to respond to my question about shipping costs but not to that question. Makes me wonder if it's a fake now.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You really should not be buying HB and then come ask for input here.

hihihaha

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Are these Burberry authentic / fake ???

AOkay, so I've found these sellers from Japan putting several Burberry up and down eBay auction, many same models are repeatedly appear and somehow it seems kinda weird. Never bought Burberry and especially from Japan so any opinions help :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Burberry-Lo...49?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item337dcbc571

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BURBERRY-LO...01?pt=US_CSA_WC_Outerwear&hash=item3a7bdff95d

I have spot the same models appear over three times this month already. This seller many have two more ID if my memory correct. It's almost one sold out they just replicate or produce another @@

Last edited:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ain't goin thru all of these.

lvova2000

Reaction score
Fake Z ZEGNA ?
Hello everybody)
I desperately need your expert opinion. I have found this Z ZEGNA suit on Ebay. Is it fake Zegna?
Some pics of it

Could you please advise what details would allow to realise whether this is an authentic suite or a fake?

Nyquist

Reaction score
Advice Please: Is this Prada Suit Authentic?

I bought this suit on eBay. The photos looked good to me and the seller had lots of positive feedback but now I am having second thoughts. Your opinions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads