• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

rwtc

Reaction score
Also looks authentic to me. The Non-Shatnes label, which I've never seen on any Kiton garment, was probably added by the boutique or the previous owner. A bit of an older garment, but not too old. The cut isn't dated, so it's fine.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Hello I've read that Kiton is heavily counterfeited. I purchased this jacket on ebay and I wonder whether or not it is authentic.
It looks authentic to me, but one can't be so sure ;)
Here are the pictures from ebay:
You have nothing to worry about with old, used tailoring. Large-scale Kiton fakes are on casualwear / jeans / outerwear and are presented as NWT or NWOT.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have nothing to worry about with old, used tailoring. Large-scale Kiton fakes are on casualwear / jeans / outerwear and are presented as NWT or NWOT.
Are you suggesting that the same person who would wear a Kiton branded track suit is the same person who would be open to wearing a counterfeit version of it? :hide:

torgul

Reaction score
I wanted to ask if someone could confirm if the ebay seller SartoriadiLusso sells genuine items?

donnghia

Reaction score
Can you help me please? I'm interested in this Jacket from LB

The seller say it is made by Attolini,is that true?

P/S:if it is true, do you think it is up to the levelof the "real" Attolini themselve?

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

P/S:if it is true, do you think it is up to the levelof the "real" Attolini themselve?

View attachment 1434012

View attachment 1434013

View attachment 1434015
first of all, yes, it’s genuine. Collezione Sartoriale was LB’s couture line. I’m not sure it’s around anymore, perhaps under a different name. I’ve had a few pieces in the past and they are high quality.

As for who made it? I’m not sure. Brands like that will often use different shops based on cost and other factors. If it was made by Attolini, it was made by them to the specs that LBCS called for and not necessarily to the same specifications as Attolini.

Eliseee

Reaction score
Hi, i got a Chanel duffel bag, With wheels.
and i don’t know if it real or Not☺☺
what do you think?
DAA3F9BD-C8B6-4E8F-98C9-54DA1BD1D663.jpeg
FE2F8630-D94A-4756-A0D1-27454C1B5238.jpeg
8ADA39F1-388C-47DA-8FBE-61B35AE6F1AC.jpeg
F4D0E55E-BA8D-4E51-B225-CBAD04A3069B.jpeg

rwtc

Reaction score
Christ that looks cheap! Probably fake. In the unlikely event that it’s real, I’m sure Chanel would love to disown it and claim it’s fake too.
You'll be surprised at the trash that Chanel pumps out now... they also used to sell these horrendous PVC bags for I think over 5K USD. When I first saw one I thought it was fake, until I checked their website out of curiosity.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1434012

View attachment 1434013

View attachment 1434015
Definitely the Attolini made for LB. As to whether or not it is a comparable product, lots of discussions on threads Here years ago. What I would opine, having handled both is that LB C S is high quality stuff whether made by Attolini or Saint Andrews (I am sure others.). Even if it is not 100% up to Attolini mainline standards it is a high quality garment that would be in the top level (assuming you don’t have twenty levels) of RTW clothing. Only a tailor or SF regular might be able to tell the difference and even then, probably need close inspection.

However, please be aware that this is 99% an orphaned suit jacket and while not impossible, requires expert level sartorial knowledge and ability to wear with odd trousers.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.