• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

markcoia84

Reaction score
My partner managed to find this shirt and purchased it. Do you think this is genuine? I am unsure of the label but this would be pre 2003 approximately with the blue and the name 'burberrys'? Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My partner managed to find this shirt and purchased it. Do you think this is genuine? I am unsure of the label but this would be pre 2003 approximately with the blue and the name 'burberrys'? Any help is greatly appreciated
I'm no expert on Burberry but not sure about the stitching quality on the collar leaves.

Also--size "12"? Is this a men's shirt?

markcoia84

Reaction score
What’s with the apostrophe after the “S”?
No, it is a females twill /cotton. The apostrophe I wondered about also. Do you think this is not genuine. I know earlier 2000s Burberry London = 'Burberrys' with apostrophe at either end of the noun.

markcoia84

Reaction score
What’s with the apostrophe after the “S”?
I'm no expert on Burberry but not sure about the stitching quality on the collar leaves.

Also--size "12"? Is this a men's shirt?
No, it is a females twill /cotton. The apostrophe I wondered about also. Do you think this is not genuine. I know earlier 2000s Burberry London = 'Burberrys' with apostrophe at either end of the noun.

Phileas Fogg

Reaction score
Who knows. My rule is that when it comes to Burberry, unless the provenance is well established, assume it’s a fake unless the evidence suggests otherwise.
In this case, it’s too suspicious.

markcoia84

Reaction score
Who knows. My rule is that when it comes to Burberry, unless the provenance is well established, assume it’s a fake unless the evidence suggests otherwise.
In this case, it’s too suspicious.
Thank you for the input. I do not recognise the label style

Steeledavis5

Reaction score

Phileas Fogg

Reaction score
I’ve never seen that particular logo but when looking at it close to, the details are clean.
I really have no idea. If it’s for your personal use I’d pass as that embroidered logo on the back is plain gaudy. If you’re looking to flip it, I’d wait for a more definitive judgement.

Steeledavis5

Reaction score
The jacket is reversible, so the logos are hidden on the inside if youd like, but yeah i cant find anything similar to this so im a little worried its fake, but like you said the details are super clean and nothing stands out as fake on it🤔

Phileas Fogg

Reaction score
I didn’t say nothing stood out as fake. It looks cheap and nothing like anything I’ve ever seen from Burberry. The embroidery is clean but it’s just odd.

I call fake and I’d pass.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.