• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

mottykytu

Reaction score
Hi, is this Kiton real?

seem not because it don't have any Kiton Logon on the Lining, and also the Kiton-Boston logo seem odd?

1584704138151.png

1584704145887.png

1584704154538.png

Attachments

hoonloco

Reaction score
I have recently bought this Jacket on Ebay and Im not sure if it is real or not
I am concerning it might be fake because I don't see where its made , and what its made from.
I just heard from the guy who sold that its from Tunisia and goat skin jacket. ..
anyone have ideas ?

Attachments

Phileas Fogg

Reaction score
This is a tough one. On the one hand, the tags look right. The label is sewn on clean and the details, like the chain and how it’s secured looks right. Usually the tag indicating where the garment is made would be under the size tag attached to the collar. Have you checked any of the internal pockets?

The reason I say a tough one is because of the leather. The grain looks uneven between the panels and just cheap. It may be that it’s just been worn well and thus the uneven breaking in, but some of the close ups indicate just a poor selection of materials.

whatever one says of Burberry, it’s value and any other criticism, their stuff is pretty well made and the materials are quality and well selected.

hoonloco

Reaction score
This is a tough one. On the one hand, the tags look right. The label is sewn on clean and the details, like the chain and how it’s secured looks right. Usually the tag indicating where the garment is made would be under the size tag attached to the collar. Have you checked any of the internal pockets?

The reason I say a tough one is because of the leather. The grain looks uneven between the panels and just cheap. It may be that it’s just been worn well and thus the uneven breaking in, but some of the close ups indicate just a poor selection of materials.

whatever one says of Burberry, it’s value and any other criticism, their stuff is pretty well made and the materials are quality and well selected.
Thanks for your answer, yes I could see where this product was made, it was under the size tag as you said,
Cant find any label mentioning what leather was used tho, hope its real ;....;; thanks for your professional reply

hoonloco

Reaction score

I have just added some more detailed picture of its leather, do you mind to give a little look?

Phileas Fogg

Reaction score
I have just added some more detailed picture of its leather, do you mind to give a little look?
maybe it’s supposed to look distressed? I don’t honestly know. I really don’t care for leather jackets. It’s a motorcycle jacket so perhaps it’s the Patina one would expect.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.