1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ebmk3891, Nov 10, 2010.

1. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

2. Abbruzi

Abbruzi Member

ah cool - thankyou for the responses.
    Just wanted to do some due diligence.
    obviously apart form the imperfections, which I am ok with, can anyone see a reason not to go with these. I guess what I am asking is, "even though i like them, (and I recognise that's the most important thing), as my novice taste develops, will I look back on my purchase in 6-12 months and think 'what was I thinking?"

3. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

Found this womens Burberry hoodie at a thrift. Some parts look right and others make me unsure. Logo looks good to me.

[​IMG]

But the tag looks slightly off because of the stitching. Maybe its hand stitched?
    [​IMG]

And the hood is the Burberry check. What bothers me is that each side lines on the bottom but becomes off at the top.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here are the tags.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. erkonline

erkonline Well-Known Member

In my opinion, I think this is fake. Looking closely: 1.the prorsum logo is very blurred and hard to make out, 2.R's on BURBERRY do not look right, 3. "Made in England" tag is tilted and font is offset

5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

highvoltorb, it is fake. The rider is all wrong.

6. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

Thanks guys. I figured it would be.

7. Chase H

Chase H Senior member

No. No you cannot. That shirt is horrifically bad.

8. diosrl

diosrl New Member

Hello all!

Could you please take a look to this Moncler jacket and tell me what do you think, it's real or it's fake? I have it from a good friend, it's not brand new and I am considering buying it.

I think all the good things are there, but I don't recognize the exact model, and the Moncler sticker is somehow badly stiched..

Thanks a lot!

9. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

Hey can some one help me with this ladies quilted jacket?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is what has me worried its fake, this tag is in one of the front pockets on the outside
    [​IMG]

Any help would be great

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  10. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Can anyone give me some direction on Moncler down jackets? This one is 80/20 wool/polyester. More pictures available upon request. I've taken a look at a lot of online guides and can't seem to find a solid answer. It's definitely pre-2009 as it doesn't have the security code, but it could possibly be older.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. DzenoP

DzenoP New Member

12. ZackP

ZackP Well-Known Member

13. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

14. mvxwell

mvxwell Member

i would put my money on the moncler being real. seriously, you are lucky it's not my size :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  15. oussama

oussama Member

TO ALL BURBERRY EXPERTS NEED OF HELP
    OK guys I bought this and I want to know if it's legit.

It's burberry's own japan brand.

16. Scabal Fanatic

Scabal Fanatic Active Member

I'm only gonna tell you one thing... If you buy stuff online and that you are not sure of its authenticity, you do not belong here...

When you want to buy "stuff" online from "non-reputable" source, you know you are in trouble for the start...

How much was it? To entertain us.

17. biged781

biged781 Senior member

Am I to take from your comment that you have no idea? I can only assume that's the case since you offered nothing useful and seem occupied only with growing your e-peen. Pretty lame if this is the only way you have to feel better about yourself. Must be a sad little life you lead.

18. oussama

oussama Member

Dude, if you want me to entertain you, here is not the time nor the place. I am simply reaching out to my fellow comrades to have a second opinion. For me it looks authentic, but there is always that doubt in your mind, when you do not buy it from the original store. Hence, me asking for validation. And the source is somehow questionnable (free post ad type - website like craiglist). So tell me share if you have something constructive to say here, please but if it is to mock my lack of obvious knowledge (the reason why I am here in the first place) then please leave.

Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  19. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

You might get more responses if you posted the pics as embedded images, rather than huge attachments that we have to download to view. I'm lazy and the internet is slow.