• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Ping Gao

Reaction score
I recently bought a Brioni jacket from eBay
However, it is nothing that I would expect from Brioni would make.

1. The Brioni label does not have "X" stitching
2. No fabric details of what this jacket is made out of
3. The buttons on the jacket do not have Brioni on it, and it is written by something else.
4. The thing that tight the jacket on the button can see the soldering line, which I don't think there is any high-end jacket will have.
5. The inside fabric does not feel like silk. It does have "Brioni" on it, but it does not have the horse on it.

Do you guys think this is authentic or not?
Please help me, thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

SAFC FTM

Reaction score
I recently bought a Brioni jacket from eBay
However, it is nothing that I would expect from Brioni would make.
View attachment 1191751
View attachment 1191785
View attachment 1191799
View attachment 1191787
View attachment 1191754
View attachment 1191788
View attachment 1191872
View attachment 1191874
View attachment 1191756
View attachment 1191755
View attachment 1191757View attachment 1191758View attachment 1191760View attachment 1191761

View attachment 1191797

1. The Brioni label does not have "X" stitching
2. No fabric details of what this jacket is made out of
3. It shows the size "M" instead of EU 50 or some other numbers
4. The buttons on the jacket do not have Brioni on it, and it is written by something else.
5. The thing that tight the jacket on the button can see the soldering line, which I don't think there is any high-end jacket will have.
6. The inside fabric does not feel like silk. It does have "Brioni" on it, but it does not have the horse on it.

Do you guys think this is authentic or not?
Please help me, thank you.
Brioni jacket is real. Just pretty old.

SAFC FTM

Reaction score
Why the jacket does not have a tag of what fabric it is using?

Thank you for answering.
Can’t answer that but it looks like it’s from the old Brioni Sport line. All the zips, hanger and inside pocket detail look fine.

migui0323

Reaction score
Found an Armani tie and ferragamo tie when thrifting today. The black ink or smudge on the ferragamo tie makes me skeptical. Are these ties legit?

Attachments

Quesjac

Reaction score
The general question to ask is whether anybody would bother faking it, and if so, whether they'd bother faking it to a standard where it actually seems like a decent product.

In menswear the answer to the first is usually no unless the brand has very wide appeal (think Armani, not Isaia). The answer to the second is more complicated, but on the whole very good fakes are rare outside of watches and handbags.

Can't see any reason why that shirt would be faked. To be honest, the bigger risk is that it was licenced to a lousy 3rd party in the 80s, like Lanvin et al.

Vinnie_Vegas

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I picked up this used brown wool jacket recently. It's in great condition, is a nice style, and is a nice color, so simply on the merits of the jacket it is a good value for my taste (under $40)
But can anyone tell me if it is authentic? Was this style and color of jacket ever sold by Burberry? Any telltale signs of authenticity or in-authenticity? I'd be grateful for any insights.

Thank you!

Attachments

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I picked up this used brown wool jacket recently. It's in great condition, is a nice style, and is a nice color, so simply on the merits of the jacket it is a good value for my taste (under $40)
But can anyone tell me if it is authentic? Was this style and color of jacket ever sold by Burberry? Any telltale signs of authenticity or in-authenticity? I'd be grateful for any insights.

Thank you!
It’s real but probably 30+ years old so finding the same style/color is going to be a crapshoot. The second to last pic is their legit makers tag from Spain though and everything else checks out.

Vinnie_Vegas

Reaction score
It’s real but probably 30+ years old so finding the same style/color is going to be a crapshoot. The second to last pic is their legit makers tag from Spain though and everything else checks out.
Thank you, I am grateful for your insights! The only reason I wanted an idea about the color/style was just to see if this was a type of jacket that Burberry sold.

Thank you very much, I am happy to hear it is authentic!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.