1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11 : Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ebmk3891, Nov 10, 2010.

1. chromecrowns

chromecrowns New Member

I just bought a Balmain hoodie on Grailed and I'm not sure if its authentic .Seller has 5/5 feedback but still unsure. I was told he got it on sale at Barneys, which is believable, but I'm still skeptical about it
    Thanks in advance,
    chromecrowns
    B1.jpg B1.jpg B2.jpg B1.jpg B2.jpg B3.jpg B4.jpg B5.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017

2. brga

brga New Member

Found a few Gucci labeled suits at a thrift store, was wondering if anyone might help determine if authentic. Unsure about the labeling/crest. Thanks!

IMG_20171212_151020.jpg IMG_20171212_151118.jpg IMG_20171212_151123.jpg IMG_20171212_151144.jpg IMG_20171212_151235.jpg IMG_20171212_151330.jpg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017

3. bpk1

bpk1 Distinguished Member

@brga I would stay away, neither look good to me.

4. chromecrowns

chromecrowns New Member

am i doing something wrong that i have no replies? :/

5. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Distinguished Member

No, its good.

6. lol

lol Well-Known Member

From fabric's weave to hardware to label, the hoodie looks good to me.

7. chromecrowns

chromecrowns New Member

@Purplelabel @lol thank you guys i appreciate it a lot , actually just got it today too so huge weight off my shoulders :worship:

8. Zannuh

Zannuh New Member

IMG_6025.JPG IMG_6019.JPG IMG_6018.JPG IMG_6026.JPG IMG_6025.JPG IMG_6019.JPG Can someone help me identifying if this Versus Versace blazer/jacket is authentic? I found it at a thrift shop. It also has the ITTIERRE holographic sticker. If its authentic and in good condition, what would be the price?

IMG_6023.JPG

9. haloitsme

haloitsme Senior Member

U sure my balmain stuff uses Lampo Zippers...

10. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Distinguished Member

I don't know. Just like Barbour, fakes don't have the logo detailing on zippers or buttons because its just too much to fake.

11. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Distinguished Member

Yep legit. Nice piece too. Too bad it’s not men’s I’d be all over that

12. Angelo Abrenica

Angelo Abrenica Member

Hi,
    I bought this second hand Hugo Boss Select Line Jeans on the thrift shop.
    Not sure if this is legit. I am very keen to details and i don't like wearing fakes.

I checked every detail but saw 2 points which makes me think that this might be fake.

1. The logo at the back is a bit plastic feel. I saw a lot of these models and they're metallic feel.
    Not sure if this is an old model or Hugo Boss model differs from the origin country which were manufactured.

2. The size tag indicates "SEPARATE LINKS WASCHEN", i convert it using Google Translate and says,
    "WASH SEPARATE LEFT" it doesn't make any sense. It should be "SEPARAT LINKS WASCHEN"
    then it converts to "WASH SEPARATELY ON THE LEFT". Now this misspelled word makes me think that this is fake.

Although I can say that the cloth used is very good and i don't think they would go all the troubles and cost to have these in productions to manufacture fakes.

But still these misspelled word SEPARATE from SEPARAT has been annoying me for days.
    7.jpeg 6.jpeg 5.jpeg 4.jpeg 3.jpeg 2.jpeg 1.jpeg

Thanks in advance from your opinions.

13. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Distinguished Member

Fake

14. Angelo Abrenica

Angelo Abrenica Member

Hi Kbadgley84,

Thank you for the quick reply, i guess this goes to the rubbish bin.
    Waste of 10 bucks. (sigh)

Angelo