Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ebmk3891, Nov 10, 2010.

1. 951socal

951socal Senior member

Versace v2 and versace classic (sometimes read versace v2 classic) is a poorly built diffusion line.

its not really worth much

2. CrystalCrunch

CrystalCrunch Active Member

alright cool, and ill add them to fav sellers.. Ive seen some people complaining about their stuff but... People always complain about something.

And thanks for the tip on versace, didnt know that. ill stay away from the v2 wannabe's thanks.

One more thing, I came across this Zegna shirt and I think its tight as hell... Do You think it looks newer or a few years old. It just looks tight, might be because im stoned, what do you think, if its ugly let me know. lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ermenegildo-Zegn...item41582b44b8

3. 951socal

951socal Senior member

Im not too fond of it, its the older label for shirts.

the new labels AFAIK are white, and on ties they are diagonal on the lining

4. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUCCI-Mens-Polo-...#ht_1337wt_961

ebay #: 310307633881

I like it and want to bid on it but not sure of authenticity. What do you guys think?

Very suspicious. This vendor appears to be selling a lot of 'New with tags' designer stuff.

5. shwem77

shwem77 New Member

Hey guys first time poster here.

I am not the best at distinguishing fake/real stuff, but could someone take a look at:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ269181574

And tell me if these 'look' real? and how to tell?

Thanks, I am considering buying them

Edit: Or any other critique of these

6. shwem77

shwem77 New Member

7. shademore

shademore Senior member

Don't do it.
    There are a sh*tload of fake LVs out there and I would advise that you only purchase high end eye wear from a reputable dealer who has a long track record of providing authentic items and can spell worn.

8. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

God those are hideous. Even on the off chance if they are real you should not buy them.

9. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

On the off chance you are not a troll ...

If you are gonna drop $$ on sunglasses get them from a manufacturer who actually is famous for sunglasses. Persols, RayBan, whatever, not some trendy designer. You can't afford to fuck about with your eyes.

10. shwem77

shwem77 New Member

Is there any other sunglasses you guys would recommend? Anywhere up to $650 max, I dont know much about sunglasses style

11. Gwarg

Gwarg Senior member

12. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Is there any other sunglasses you guys would recommend? Anywhere up to $650 max, I dont know much about sunglasses style

Try the ones mentioned above )Ray-Ban, parsol etc.)

Maybe some Oliver People's

13. CrystalCrunch

[​IMG]
    Ok I have posted this before and people have said that it was authentic, But I am wondering WHY is there NO style number or NO RN Number.. Please don't tell me its authentic, please tell me why there is no rn number or style number, Does Etro smoke weed and forget to put tags on? I dont know, please let me know thank you. Im about to take it back just because of the no rn and no style number, thats so freaken odd to me. And please dont add comments that has to do with your opinion of the shirt, I just want to know if its authentic.

Link -
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

14. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I have posted this before and people have said that it was authentic, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, I just want to know if its authentic.
    You don't deserve a serious answer (again), frankly, but lots of brands have sample sales where irregular, defective, or past-season merchandise is sold at a lower price than typical retail. I've never heard of an Etro sample sale but whether or not they exist, that is likely comparable to the provenance of this shirt IF IN FACT IT IS IRREGULAR. It could very well just be from a season when they didn't add other tags. Lots of ("most," even?) manufacturers are using different (and more) tags than they were just a few years ago. People have started to buy into the idea of luxury tags, luxury wrapping, luxury packaging as part and parcel with the quality of the garment itself. You've been told it's authentic and that's supposedly all you really care about. Case closed, then.

15. CrystalCrunch

I am not up on the murder of the english language? what does that mean exactly?