• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake lacoste or real (bought in official lacoste store)

Reaction score
I bought these shirt in an official lacoste store in israel, the shirt looks very fake to me even though i bought in the store, what do you say? fake or real

Reaction score
can anyone tell me or help me please, what do u think it looks like? please need some help here!!!

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

PL92106

Reaction score
Um. Kinda confused. Why would you pay retail price (even a sale price) for something in a brand's retail store if you suspect its fake? You bought it at a Lacoste store. Why would they sell fake versions of their own stuff? (Maybe Israeli stores are like those fake Apple boutiques in China) But if you've never owned recent Lacoste, I can see the possible reason for confusion. Their stuff is not that nice and you expect it to be nicer than it is because you paid up for it and feel ripped off - common sentiment. I've seen similar tags in their stores. It's a line that seems to target older people. I do like their plain pima cotton t-shirts and pullovers when on sale.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Um. Kinda confused. Why would you pay retail price (even a sale price) for something in a brand's retail store if you suspect its fake? You bought it at a Lacoste store. Why would they sell fake versions of their own stuff? (Maybe Israeli stores are like those fake Apple boutiques in China)

...and elsewhere in the world ... http://www.reuters.com/article/2011...uters/technologyNews+(News+/+US+/+Technology)

There are fake Disney stores as well. We've got two of them in Xilinhot.

Stands to reason.. fake Apple stores, fake Disney stores, fake Lacoste stores.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I Own a couple of lacoste polos, and i bought them in a retail store, the weird thing is that the last shirts i bought like the one with the pictures above is completely different from the others i have( black tag, black devenlay tag and the crocodile logo is weird), the thing is if the so called genuine store doesn't know they are selling fakes cause they don't know or for whatever other reason i want to take legal action on it, i bought in the duty free inside the airport in israel so that's why the price tag in in american dollars!!, and yes i know it's a locoste store but that doesn't mean that they are selling fakes or genuine products, that's why everyone is in shock cause i bought in a lacoste official store!! , so please guys i need some help here so this way i can take legal actions on the owners who distribute lacoste on that store, judging by the pictures and compare to other lacoste shirts this one looks fake!! thanks for your help

PL92106

Reaction score
As previously stated, I've seen those tags with the silver embroidered logo on a line of Lacoste that seems to be targeted at older men. Forgot what they call it exactly. Hard to say for sure if it's fake without holding it but looks kosher to me.

tomee

Reaction score
I've bought genuine lacoste with that kind of label before.

Just Google lacoste logo and compare the real one to your shirt

tomee

Reaction score
Yeah the croc logo doesn't look right unless they have different logos for specific things

Last edited:

PL92106

Reaction score
I'll say it once more. Looks like kosher overpriced Lacoste crap. New line for old people.

Galix

Reaction score
I still don't get why you bought it if you were suspicious... I mean, you had the opportunity to touch it, inspect it, try it on, etc. Even to ask the staff at the store!

Anyway, I don't think that's a fake polo. I don't own any Lacoste stuff, but my father does. And one of the polos he owns, has the same weird-colored logo. He bought it at an official Lacoste store.

EDIT: The blue one you posted really looks different than the other blue, and looks sort of fake.

Last edited:
Reaction score
well from all the lacoste polos i have bought and i have bought many thrust me this ones look real fake!! i never saw blag tags in my lacoste shirts or like the logo to be sew into the shirt, i know that i bought it in lacoste store( that by the way does not show up in the lacoste where to find store, it doesnt show any official lacoste boutiques in israel) and judging by the pictures it looks pretty weird, i need some feeback and that why i'm looking for help and advices so i know if i can take legal action or not, the store says it's an official store but the products they are sellig are might be fake not that i'm saying they are not but compared to every polo ihave these one i bought are really different!!! thanks in advance!

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I Own a couple of lacoste polos, and i bought them in a retail store, the weird thing is that the last shirts i bought like the one with the pictures above is completely different from the others i have( black tag, black devenlay tag and the crocodile logo is weird), the thing is if the so called genuine store doesn't know they are selling fakes cause they don't know or for whatever other reason i want to take legal action on it, i bought in the duty free inside the airport in israel so that's why the price tag in in american dollars!!, and yes i know it's a locoste store but that doesn't mean that they are selling fakes or genuine products, that's why everyone is in shock cause i bought in a lacoste official store!!
A store make look official and convincing, just like those fake Apple stores in Kunming, China. In fact those where so good, that even the staff thought they where actually working for Apple. Real or fake? Thing is, I don't know much about Israel. Is it the sort of place where one is likely to find fake stores and counterfeit products everywhere? Is copyright infringement and intellectual property theft rampant? Like it is in China. Say I bought a Lacoste shirt from a Lacoste boutique in London, UK, I know damn well it's going to be the real-mccoy. But if I bought one here in Xilinhot, Inner Mongolia, China, forgone conclusion it's going to be a knock-off, no matter how convincing the store may look.
so please guys i need some help here so this way i can take legal actions on the owners who distribute lacoste on that store, judging by the pictures and compare to other lacoste shirts this one looks fake!! thanks for your help
Depends on the laws of the country. If they're anything like China.... good luck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I still don't get why you bought it if you were suspicious... I mean, you had the opportunity to touch it, inspect it, try it on, etc. Even to ask the staff at the store!

Anyway, I don't think that's a fake polo. I don't own any Lacoste stuff, but my father does. And one of the polos he owns, has the same weird-colored logo. He bought it at an official Lacoste store.

EDIT: The blue one you posted really looks different than the other blue, and looks sort of fake.

well the blue is at the same as the yellow shirt pics that i posted at the beginning of the thread, i bought them like 2 weeks ago when i travel abroad and i bought like 6 of the same style with different color spending more than 900$, the blue shirt on the new seytof pics that is the left side is at the same as the yellow, by the way i did not notice that the shirts were fake at the store, you are at at store and your think it's genuine my son was the one that told me that the shirts looked weird so i checked and he was right, so that why i need to know if the shirts are genuine or not

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads