1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fake Kiton?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Jul 24, 2006.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Now that is a good eye!

Thanks, and this is the reason I never buy on Ebay any longer.

Perry

Well. I made few bad purchases when I first started to use eBay, but with help from the SF members and extensive study on handmade sartorials, I learned how to buy solid items on eBay. My closet has some really really nice items and I could not have bought them if it was not for eBay.

If a person has a reasonable experience with Kiton suits, he should know that Kiton does not make lapels roll like the pictures shown. Buttonholes don't look as elegant as the originals.

2. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

The guy has the same exact suit in 36. Thanks for reporting him.

3. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Paste the eBay response when you get it. I'm betting they won't care or do anything about it.

1 person likes this.
  4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Paste the eBay response when you get it. I'm betting they won't care or do anything about it.
    We will review the listing(s) you have reported for violations of our Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy. We often rely on members like you to bring such violations to our attention. In light of eBay's privacy policy, we cannot share with you any action taken by eBay with respect to this listing. If we determine that the listing violates this policy, we will remove the listing or suspend the seller. Account suspensions are usually reserved for those sellers that repeatedly disregard policy. If the item you reported does not appear on its face to violate this policy, we may refer it to the intellectual property rights owner for review. If the rights owner has a good faith belief that the item is infringing, they may choose to send eBay a formal request to remove the listing. For more information on eBay's cooperation with rights owners, please visit: http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidenc...s-vero-ov.html For more information on eBay's Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy, please visit: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...unterfeit.html Thank you for your report. Regards, The eBay Community Watch Team eBay Management

5. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

We will review the listing(s) you have reported for violations of our
    Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy. We often rely on members like you
    to bring such violations to our attention.

In light of eBay's privacy policy, we cannot share with you any action
    taken by eBay with respect to this listing. If we determine that the
    listing violates this policy, we will remove the listing or suspend the
    seller. Account suspensions are usually reserved for those sellers that
    repeatedly disregard policy.

If the item you reported does not appear on its face to violate this
    policy, we may refer it to the intellectual property rights owner for
    review. If the rights owner has a good faith belief that the item is
    infringing, they may choose to send eBay a formal request to remove the
    listing. For more information on eBay's cooperation with rights owners,
    please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidenc...s-vero-ov.html

For more information on eBay's Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy,
    please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...unterfeit.html

Thank you for your report.

Regards,

The eBay Community Watch Team

eBay Management

I used to report counterfeits, but stopped when I got this stock Ebay message(as above), and then they invariably would do nothing further!

The one way a counterfeit seller is removed from Ebay is when he is delinquent in his fees owed to Ebay!

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I used to report counterfeits, but stopped when I got this stock Ebay message(as above), and then they invariably would do nothing further! The one way a counterfeit seller is removed from Ebay is when he is delinquent in his fees owed to Ebay!
    I was optimistically thinking that if a lot of people from here reported the seller they might consider doing something.

7. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

It would be ironic if through their increased spending on marketing, they became the target of mass-counterfeiters like LV and Prada are.

8. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

I was optimistically thinking that if a lot of people from here reported the seller they might consider doing something.

No, you are right! It takes a lot to get Ebay to do the right thing, but if enough of us complain they might eventually do something.

9. VMan

VMan Senior member

If they're making money off the seller, Ebay doesn't really care much if the goods are real or not.

They only start to care when fees aren't being paid.

10. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Actually ebay is pretty agro when it comes to ending listings that are reported as in violation. I've had some #*@! reporting various auctions I've had up which were not in violation, just to harass me. In every case ebay ended the listing and refused to listen to anything I had to say, even over the phone. They just read you a few lines from their user agreement and basically tell you to go screw yourself.

So, please do report bogus listings. Please don't use it as a way to harass people though.

11. kabert

kabert Senior member

More fake Kiton?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170056914574

The thing that suggests fakery to me is the keyhole-shaped lapel buttonhole. I've never seen such a thing on any Kiton, or any decent coat, I don't think. I've certainly never seen it on any Kiton.

12. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

More fake Kiton?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170056914574

The thing that suggests fakery to me is the keyhole-shaped lapel buttonhole. I've never seen such a thing on any Kiton, or any decent coat, I don't think. I've certainly never seen it on any Kiton.

The coat sure looks real, and it even has the "Made for NM Kiton Label"!

Of course the label could have been sewn in any coat. But here is a link to the seller's Toolhaus.org report, and it shows no complaints of counterfeits. There are a few complaints where it seems that the seller should have issued refunds to unhappy buyers.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...rn=Received+by

I also think buyers of his "luxury goods", would be more knowledgeable than say "Armani" buyers. The seller's also in the USA and has bought some items. I see he's purchased Tramezzas. It doesn't seem to fit the pattern of most sellers of fake goods. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Here's a link to a "genuine" $14,950 Bijan coat that he sold. He says it ranks higher than Kiton!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170042258823

Nobody would counterfeit Bijan!

Anyway, I think the Kiton coat is probably real. Experts, what do you think?

13. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

I was sold this overcoat for $50 shipped. The shape of the lapels makes me wonder, though. This may be a fake.

[​IMG]

14. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

I was sold this overcoat for $50 shipped. The shape of the lapels makes me wonder, though. This may be a fake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Was it from this same seller?

And is it Vicuna or pure Cashmere? Can't tell from the picture!

15. Bergdorf Goodwill

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Was it from this same seller?

And is it Vicuna or pure Cashmere? Can't tell from the picture!

It's from Kiton's "Assets" collaboration with Andrew Fezza. If you want to look it up, there are several more on eBay. "KITON x ANDREW FEZZA x MOUNTAIN DEW x PIRELLI LIMITED EDITION CASHMIRACLE 100% AUTHENTIC LQQK" is the title of the auction.

16. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

CASHMIRACLE 100% AUTHENTIC LQQK" is the title of the auction.

Wow, I'm impressed, BTW:It's spelled Kashmiracle, and it's wonderful stuff. Better than Vicuna, and very close to Shahtoosh![​IMG]

17. Bergdorf Goodwill

Wow, I'm impressed, BTW:It's spelled Kashmiracle, and it's wonderful stuff. Better than Vicuna, and very close to Shahtoosh![​IMG]

Hey, hey. I didn't write the auction title. And I'm not going to swat at you for misspelling shatoosh and dropping the integral tilde in vicuña. Watch out.

18. YianniTHEGREEK

YianniTHEGREEK Member

Hi is this real or fake please [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

The lining, label and manufacturer tags all suggest that this is real. If you want to be extra sure, check to see if the button holes are hand sewn. Fakes rarely spend the money on hand sewn button holes.

20. YianniTHEGREEK

YianniTHEGREEK Member

I will post more pics today on the button holes.