• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Kiton?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
label aside, the lapel roll is what really gives it away. The roll would never end half an inch above the buttoning point the way it does in that photo on a real kiton suit unless someone took an iron and deliberately pressed it that way. The lapel would naturally want to roll past the top button. Hope you reported the guy.

pkincy

Reaction score
Now that is a good eye!

Thanks, and this is the reason I never buy on Ebay any longer.

Perry

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
07_1.JPG

6f_12.JPG

Aren't these the same suit?

One was sold as a Ferre and the other was Kiton...

Hilarious!!!!!! Too bad for the buyers though!

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
Now that is a good eye!

Thanks, and this is the reason I never buy on Ebay any longer.

Perry

Well. I made few bad purchases when I first started to use eBay, but with help from the SF members and extensive study on handmade sartorials, I learned how to buy solid items on eBay. My closet has some really really nice items and I could not have bought them if it was not for eBay.

If a person has a reasonable experience with Kiton suits, he should know that Kiton does not make lapels roll like the pictures shown. Buttonholes don't look as elegant as the originals.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The guy has the same exact suit in 36. Thanks for reporting him.

aybojs

Reaction score
Paste the eBay response when you get it. I'm betting they won't care or do anything about it.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aybojs
Paste the eBay response when you get it. I'm betting they won't care or do anything about it.
We will review the listing(s) you have reported for violations of our Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy. We often rely on members like you to bring such violations to our attention. In light of eBay's privacy policy, we cannot share with you any action taken by eBay with respect to this listing. If we determine that the listing violates this policy, we will remove the listing or suspend the seller. Account suspensions are usually reserved for those sellers that repeatedly disregard policy. If the item you reported does not appear on its face to violate this policy, we may refer it to the intellectual property rights owner for review. If the rights owner has a good faith belief that the item is infringing, they may choose to send eBay a formal request to remove the listing. For more information on eBay's cooperation with rights owners, please visit: http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidenc...s-vero-ov.html For more information on eBay's Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy, please visit: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...unterfeit.html Thank you for your report. Regards, The eBay Community Watch Team eBay Management

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We will review the listing(s) you have reported for violations of our
Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy. We often rely on members like you
to bring such violations to our attention.

In light of eBay's privacy policy, we cannot share with you any action
taken by eBay with respect to this listing. If we determine that the
listing violates this policy, we will remove the listing or suspend the
seller. Account suspensions are usually reserved for those sellers that
repeatedly disregard policy.

If the item you reported does not appear on its face to violate this
policy, we may refer it to the intellectual property rights owner for
review. If the rights owner has a good faith belief that the item is
infringing, they may choose to send eBay a formal request to remove the
listing. For more information on eBay's cooperation with rights owners,
please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidenc...s-vero-ov.html

For more information on eBay's Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy,
please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...unterfeit.html

Thank you for your report.

Regards,

The eBay Community Watch Team

eBay Management

I used to report counterfeits, but stopped when I got this stock Ebay message(as above), and then they invariably would do nothing further!

The one way a counterfeit seller is removed from Ebay is when he is delinquent in his fees owed to Ebay!

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
I used to report counterfeits, but stopped when I got this stock Ebay message(as above), and then they invariably would do nothing further! The one way a counterfeit seller is removed from Ebay is when he is delinquent in his fees owed to Ebay!
I was optimistically thinking that if a lot of people from here reported the seller they might consider doing something.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It would be ironic if through their increased spending on marketing, they became the target of mass-counterfeiters like LV and Prada are.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was optimistically thinking that if a lot of people from here reported the seller they might consider doing something.

No, you are right! It takes a lot to get Ebay to do the right thing, but if enough of us complain they might eventually do something.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If they're making money off the seller, Ebay doesn't really care much if the goods are real or not.

They only start to care when fees aren't being paid.
Actually ebay is pretty agro when it comes to ending listings that are reported as in violation. I've had some #*@! reporting various auctions I've had up which were not in violation, just to harass me. In every case ebay ended the listing and refused to listen to anything I had to say, even over the phone. They just read you a few lines from their user agreement and basically tell you to go screw yourself.

So, please do report bogus listings. Please don't use it as a way to harass people though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads