• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake kiton suit?

Shachar

Reaction score
Hey there Gentlemen,
I'm new to the sartorial world and I need a well experienced eye for this one.

I came across this gentleman in Italy (via ebay) who sold me a second hand beautiful bespoke suit from Kiton for the ridiculous price of 450 euros.
He claims that when he purchased the suit it cost him 5,200 euros.

Since I'm new I hoped you could help me to be sure that the suit is legit and I wasn't scammed.
Two things that are making me suspicious regarding to the originality and quality of the suit.
First of all, the button holes looks like machine made, rather then handmade, maybe it's the neopolitan style idk.
Second, the pattern around the shoulders wasn't tailored as matching as it could be (kiton8).

So what do you say?
Is it an original or fake?
Does it looks like a good quality?

Thanks for helping!

Attachments

• kiton9.jpg
    kiton9.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 157
  • kiton8.jpg
    kiton8.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 171
  • kiton6.jpg
    kiton6.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 157
  • kiton5.jpg
    kiton5.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 161
  • kiton4.jpg
    kiton4.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 146
  • kiton3.jpg
    kiton3.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 154
  • kiton2.jpg
    kiton2.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 147
  • kiton1.jpg
    kiton1.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 517
  • kiton7.jpg
    kiton7.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 512

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s real.
It’s a used suit. My concern would be more the fit. Has it already been altered and if so, is there any room left for further alterations. The functional sleeves narrow down those possibilities.

you also don’t know what condition it’s in.

Shachar

Reaction score
It’s real.
It’s a used suit. My concern would be more the fit. Has it already been altered and if so, is there any room left for further alterations. The functional sleeves narrow down those possibilities.

you also don’t know what condition it’s in.

Great to hear!
He says that there are plenty of reserved fabric so I could alter it.
But the sizes are quite my sizes so I'm happy to hear.
Also, according to pictures the condition is quite fine.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My understanding (which, admittedly could be mistaken) is that you are not likely to encounter many Kiton fakes, because people who make fakes are much more likely to make a brand that is known to people who are not sartorially savvy. Kiton is sometimes considered the pinnacle of ready-to-wear suits, but only for people who know about suits. Your average Joe (at least in America) has never heard of Kiton. So you are much more likely to encounter an Armani or Ralph Lauren fake than a Kiton.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads