• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Harrington Jackets on eBay?

wgbennett83

Reaction score
I recently won an auction for a Brooks Brothers Harrington Jacket. Since receiving it, I notice that the same seller has posted a jacket that looks almost identical but says this one is a Baracuta G-9. Here are the two auctions:

Brooks Brothers Auction

Baracuta Auction

Given that these two coats are identical except for the tags, they are most certainly fakes, correct? It really doesn't seem like there would be much money in faking these harrington coats. Even if the coat is fake, I'm still happy with it. It looks good and I only paid about $30 with shipping.

-Will

wgbennett83

Reaction score
How do you know?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The blue Baracuta is one from the days when Van Heusen was licensed to make cheaper versions for sale in the States. But it's authentic.

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylisemod
A lot of people do not trust Ebay but almost all items on there are real.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ben-Sherman-Na...#ht_500wt_1182

What the **** are you talking about. Almost every piece of clothing on ebay is fake. Also, quit posting the link to your god damn ebay auction. Whats this your 5th time posting that stupid thing? I cant wait till your auction is over so you can stop spamming your ****** jacket.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessbaumung
What the **** are you talking about. Almost every piece of clothing on ebay is fake. Also, quit posting the link to your god damn ebay auction. Whats this your 5th time posting that stupid thing? I cant wait till your auction is over so you can stop spamming your ****** jacket.

Wow. There are some issues here.

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Wow. There are some issues here.

Im just sick of seeing his link casually added to every thread on harrington jackets. It would be one thing if he was like hey Im selling mine, check out the auction here, but he signed up for an account and casually points out how Ben Sherman makes the best ones and that you can find great deals on ebay and then includes a link to the same auction every time. Its bullshit.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
He must be pretty desperate to make a few bucks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads